Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Second Time Around is Better

It was a week ago today that we decided to take a drive in the country to view the local foliage. Our main goal was to work our way to a diner we visited earlier in the year. We had stopped there for lunch and we vowed to go back so that we could partake of the dinner menu.

Along the way we came upon another place we visited almost a year ago. That day was dreary and damp, but this day was sunny and warm.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is the view from the parking lot and if you look closely you can see two boaters in the middle of the reservoir:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I have found that the foliage at some places is very sparse due to a lot of dead trees like in this photo:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here we are on the bridge:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is what we saw off the one side of the bridge:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
As we were walking to the other side, we noticed a Great Blue Heron strolling ever so slowly along the water's edge. It was lunch time for him and he showed us his fishing skills.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here's a photo of those two boaters and the beautiful foliage along the banks of the reservoir.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I like the saying "Having all your ducks in a row" and that came to mind as we watched these guys go by.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And this was our final destination. Yes, that is our King Ranch truck. Do you see my Dale Jr. #88 plate on the front?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice pics young lady...only two more to go hopefully next year will bring differetn results

Rachel said...

Wow, what beautiful pictures!! The colors are fantastic!! I hope the food was good!

Cheyenne said...

Curmudgeon ~ Thanks for the nice words.

I can't stand this waiting for next season but I will make it I suppose.

Cheyenne said...

Rachel ~ Yes, the food was out of this world; that's why we wanted to come back again. And we will probably visit some more before the year is out.

Tiredawg said...

Looks like you had a gr8 time. Where's the "dawggie" bag???

Chastity said...

Wow, beautiful pictures!!

Jim said...

That is a pretty truck! and scenery!
Ford unveiled a new Saleen F250 at the Texas State Fair. It has a Saleen 5.4L engine, blown (Saleen),etc, that is supposed to do 0 - 60 in < 6 seconds.
I think I read 750 hp, I know more that the Saleen Mustang, and sells for around $54,000 with a few more options available.

Why don't you guys just get one of those and sell me your old King Ranch PU? :-)
..

Cheyenne said...

tiredawg ~ we rarely bring dawggie bags home. Especially at that diner, the food is that awesome you just want to consume it while there.

Cheyenne said...

Chas ~ yes, I am really please the way they turned out for a change. The foliage at the reservoir was really nice.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ Noooooo...you cannot have our truck. I bought that for my husband with part of my inheritance and no way will it ever be sold.
And that Saleen sounds nifty but I think we are done buying Mustangs for the time being. We still have 6 plus my '97.