Monday, November 12, 2007

Just Not Meant To Be

I hold my breath as each race unfolds, waiting and wondering just if and when Dale Jr. will be graced with the bad luck that has been dogging him all season. So when it happened in Phoenix yesterday, I really wasn't all that surprised, or upset for that matter. I have become numb to the happenings of the red #8 Bud car. Nothing surprises me and nothing upsets me anymore.

So now we are down to one race left in the season. I hold absolutely no hope for Junior to do well at that race either, as he has never won at Homestead. His best finish was 13th in his rookie year back in 2000.

After Junior 'took himself out' of the race, I switched over to the ball games and watched the Eagles beat the Redskins. Not the outcome I had hoped for, since the 'skins are Junior's team. While listening to the race on my headset, I then watched the Cowboys play the Giants on their turf.

And like I said last week: "Oh well, at least the Cowboys won." I can always count on them to liven up my Sundays these days. (T.O. had 6 catches for 2 TDs)

4 comments:

Jim said...

:-)

The Texans were off Sunday.
..

Tiredawg said...

WAHT??? You didn't watch Queen Jimmie win AGAIN.

Racefan57 said...

And next year?? A Hendrick member may bring that victory

Lilli & Nevada said...

Just had to come check out your blog, with the name Cheyenne, my granddaughters name is that as well,spelled Cheyanne and my husband's name is Nevada.
going to check out some more of you blog altho i am not into racing