The past two days have been sheer agony for me. I was without computer access. And when that happens, you may as well cut both my hands off. I'm not a happy camper at all when that happens. But it's back, I'm back, and here we are chatting away. Having fun yet?
Sunday just a little after midnight I was sitting here typing away, reading other peoples' blogs and adding comments, when everything went black. Boom! Just like that! Total blackness. Yes, we were in the middle of an ice storm, but that wasn't the cause of losing our electricity. Someone chose to skate off the road and slam into a utility pole just up the street a little from our house. I couldn't see because the neighbor's house is in the way, so I have no idea if there was more than one car involved or not. I did see a rollback with a car on it go down the street but there wasn't any damage that I could tell from this side. So it could have been damanged on the other side.
Needless to say, when our electricity goes, everything goes. We heat with electric. My one cat, Junior, sat on the front bay windowsill while I stood behind him and we both watched the flashing lights and activity. Junior was loving every minute of it. But we couldn't see much from that angle and that got boring after awhile.
Eventually we went to bed. The electric was restored around 8:30 Sunday morning but I stayed in bed for a few hours till it warmed up. It didn't take too long, thank God. I can't remember ever being without electricity for that amount of time. My biggest worriment was the fridge contents and both freezers packed full of food. That's an awful lot of food that would have had to be replaced.
I was able to get back on line around 1pm today and I hope this doesn't happen again for a long, long time. I'm not a nice person to be around when I am bored or unhappy.
1 comment:
but we still love ya Grumpy!!!
Post a Comment