Saturday, December 01, 2007

Yuck and Double Yuck

It is currently 27 deg. and dropping fast. Snow is coming along with a lot of other little surprises. My bones are frozen just thinking about it. The snow is supposed to start at 4 am Sunday and continue till midnight. However, the accumulation is only 1-2 inches. Big deal! Why bother? If it's going to snow that long, then have the balls to really pile it up and not be so anorexic about it.

The nasty part is what follows that snow: sleet and freezing rain (what's the difference?) finishing with a quarter inch coating of ice. And then after midnight Sunday it is supposed to change over to rain ending with sunrise Monday. Ah, there is a bright side: sunrise. That means Monday should be decent. We have a doctor's appointment to go to; otherwise I wouldn't care what kind of weather we get.

So I am going to batten down the hatches now and try to find a warm spot. I know, just follow the cats because they know where all the warm spots are.

5 comments:

RevJim said...

Just be careful driving. Even here in Colorado, where we are supposed to be used to icey roads, there are some of the worst drivers in snow here I have seen anywhere

Tiredawg said...

RevJim when they are done with your state, they all migrate here in Fla and attempt to drive on the slick oily hot roads we have here.

RevJim said...

You're right, dawg, they are in a migrating frenzy right now. Ain't it ironic that the only ones who can afford gas are the ones who only think they know how to drive?

RevJim said...

I hate to do this, but I didn't tag anybody the first time, and this meme came back to me a second time. I hate memes, but I'm somewhat superstitious, so consider yourself tagged.

Anonymous said...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! Too cold for me. It's getting pretty chilly down here in Atlanta as well, but no snow in sight for us. :(