Are you kidding me? How can you sit on your royal NASCAR a$$...oops, I mean chair, and say the TV ratings were not good due to Junior not being "competitive" and he "didn't win any races"?
Wasn't it just a few years ago (2005) that you said NASCAR didn't need Dale Earnhardt Jr or Jeff Gordon to be in the Chase to make it work? That just because those two drivers weren't in the Chase, everything would still be OK? When did you change your mind about that? Huh? I'd like to know.
Are you nuts? Or were you just born that way?
And by the way, Mr. France, if you want to point fingers and put the blame on anyone go talk to the so-called owner of DEI. I'm sure she and her cronies can confuse you with their excuses even more so than you already are.
********************
I know the content of the above letter is old news, but the more I thought about it the more I got disturbed about it. Just why does he think that the burden of NASCAR's failings should be put solely on Junior's shoulders?
We all know Dale Jr didn't win any races in 2007, but to say he wasn't competitive is plain BS. I watched every race of the season and to my knowledge, Dale Jr drove his heart out every week. And if anyone else wants to say he wasn't competitive, then come see me and we'll discuss it a bit further. OK?
5 comments:
Without defending what Brian had to say, because he shouldn't be defended, allow me to translate what he meant.
I'm not saying that he is right, because he is using the same logic that he used about Matt clinching the Championship early in 2003, that is that the fans won't watch if there is nothing to hold their interest. Since roughly 66% of all NASCAR fans are Dale, Jr fans, he believes that the ratings are down because Jr didn't make the Chase. This is not meant to be a criticism of Jr, who has started showing some of the stuff that his dad had, and is definitely competitive, but is an observation of how the fans react, from his point of view.
I still think the reason that the tv ratings are down is a combination of several things, including reaction to such idiotic statements as he has made in this case. I will enumerate on the other reasons, but not here, because this just gave me an idea for a new blog entry. Hopefully, I will get it posted this morning, but I will get it up by tomorrow at the latest.
Like Coach said on his blog, NASCAR is starting to look like pro-wrestling... oh yeah it was Smoke who said it earlier this year.
Revjim ~ And what I am saying is, it is not fair to act as if Dale Jr is the only driver out there that can hold everything together (filled seats at tracks, huge TV ratings, etc.) I am still offened by Brian's statements and always will be. I understand what you are saying, but it still points to the fact that Brian thinks Dale Jr. is the messiah when he is just a normal red-blooded racecar driver who just wants to please his fans, himself, and his family by doing good. When it all comes down to it, Brian France did in fact criticize Junior just by opening his fat trap.
Tiredawg ~ Pro Wrestling sucks. I used to watch it a thousand years ago, but it is totally out of hand now and nothing more than a cartoon. lol
So why doesn't France just hand pick the top ten to race the championship and eliminate everyone he does not deem worthy. Like Clint, and other up and comers. Nascar coverage is down because the coverage sucks the last half of the season. Totally sucks.
Post a Comment