Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Love Broken Records

...especially when it has to do with warmth. I wasn't really made to be in, around, or near cold weather. And to me, anything 60 or below is cold. But, I was born and raised in the northeast and it's probably where I will stay. I have also pondered greatly over my lifetime why my parents ever had the audacity to have me in this part of the country. Why couldn't they have had me in the south somewhere, or maybe Texas even, or Hawaii for that matter? But Pennsylvania? Ugh.

Sorry, I got off the beaten track there. Getting back to the records: on Monday we broke a record by 2 degrees and we enjoyed 63 degree weather. It was supposed to get warmer on Tuesday. The record for that day was 67 but we only got as high as 65. This warmer weather really spoils me. Who wants to go back to 10 degrees and below? With winds and nasty dampness thrown in?

I will settle for one good snow storm, because we haven't had any of those since I no longer have to drive a great distance in them any more. And when I say one good snow storm, I'm not talking about a few inches, or say around 10-12 inches either. No...I am talking about twice that amount ~ like 20 plus inches. Now THAT would be a good snow storm. And then it can all go away and Spring would magically show up with record warmths once again.

Dreamer, ain't I?

3 comments:

Tiredawg said...

No Dear, that's not dreaming, dreaming is you being stuck at home with Junior in that storm. Now that would be dreaming.

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ Thanks for putting it into perspective for me. 'preciate that. If I had just ONE day with him, wow the conversations we would have.

Rachel said...

We had 3 lovely springlike days at the beginning of the week too. I really don't want any 20 inch snows, but thanks just the same!! Actually, I remember those when I was a kid, but it seems milder here now. Twenty inches of snow would sure shut everything down in our town!! Everything!!!

Of course I could hopefully get some really nice big snowmen made, if the snow packed well that is!