
As we get older, there are fewer things that make us really happy. I mean, so happy you could just jump for eternal joy. Recently (like Tuesday) my happiness level rose to almost an all-time high. You see, my husband finally installed our new john/toilet/crapper/hopper/throne/water closet/lavatory...depending on what part of the world you reside in. I may have missed a few.
Last summer the old one started giving us trouble. Not enough to consider a replacement yet, but enough to be somewhat bothersome every once in awhile.
Meanwhile, my husband started going to an auction once a week. I was glad to get him out of the house and from under my feet. That is for the cats to do. That auction is a place where almost everything under the sun comes up for bids sooner or later.
One week he came home to tell me he'd purchased a commode. I asked if it was a new one. (Wouldn't you?) Thank God he said yes and that both the tank and bowl were in their original boxes. They both found a resting place in our garage. With my Mustang.
As the weeks went on, the old one got crankier and crankier and so did I. Eventually it only flushed fully maybe once every five times. Those other times we helped it along with water from a bucket. Which I had to keep by its side all the time. Classy.
Now, we're not country bumpkins. I have lived in the big city, and most of my life I have never been without a good working commode. Did I mention my husband is a worse procrastinator than I am? I think I did just recently.
About two weeks ago that commode finally said Enough! I quit! And quit it did. We were down to the bucket brigade every blessed time we flushed. At that point I mentioned to my husband I felt like Abraham Lincoln was still the president. See, you cannot nag him or he will drag his feet even longer, so I have to drop subtle hints.
Finally this past Sunday (during that first crappy football game where the Patriots won), he told me the commode would be installed on Monday, no excuses. And he lived up to his word. But not without some drama. I'll just let your imagination take over here and just say I'm so happy I could s**t!

(Sorry, these aren't ours. I would never own a white one.)
And in case you are wondering which is the best seat in the house? That would be my recliner.
4 comments:
Ahhh I am SOOO "Happy" for ya, gotta go...........
I know exactly what you meant by being let down so you had to be independent.
We got a new crapper in September as well, after two years of fighting with the old. It is so so nice to have one that works all the time. LOL. Best seat in my house is my lazy boy recliner as well.
Well Cheyenne, that is a nice looking elephant. I hope the trainers were nice to him/her in teaching him/her to do what ever he/she is doing.
My husband finally seem to be very familiar wife words. Mrs. Jim doesn't use them very often, her more common is my husband hasn't.
I'm glad you guys got it installed.
..
I'm so glad you got a new toilet. Nothing like having a bucket beside one to help it flush. That would annoy me fairly fast!! I reckon we are spoiled folks to say the least! When I was a kid it was out back to the outside toilet. I am thankful for these modern conveniences!!
Love that elephant picture!!!
Post a Comment