Monday, April 28, 2008

Oh Please, Give Me A Break Already

Warning: It's raining, it's damp inside and outside, and I am in a foul mood)

I'm not wasting my time or blog space by writing about who or what car manufacturer won the race at Talladega yesterday. All I care about is one driver who finished 10th and kept his 3rd place standing in the points, even gaining a few over last week.

Now, let's move on to the anticipation of the race in Richmond this weekend. The Nationwide race will be held Friday night; the Cup race, Saturday night. I love night racing. I was raised on it; however, it leaves a huge void for me the following Sunday. If I don't watch a race on Sunday it seems like something is missing. It's not that I don't have plenty to do to fill that void, it's just that I'd rather spend Sundays curled up watching the race.

On another note...I am getting so tired of fans and the media bringing up the fact that Junior hasn't won a race in two years. As a matter of fact, it was at Richmond where he won his last race. I didn't hear anyone talk about Talladega being his 300th start either. To me, that's more important than not winning but to the media it's not newsworthy enough I suppose. Granted, if Dale were, say, around 20th in the points, then throwing around the fact he hasn't won in two years would make sense. Although it would still piss me off if they kept saying it.

Let's be honest here, folks, the boy is doing great. (Oh, don't get your panties/shorts all in a bunch because I just called him a boy ~ I'm much older than he is, so I have the right to do so.)

I also would like to remind some people that Matt Kenseth won his NASCAR Championship without having won a single race that year! It can be done, so please LET IT BE! When the timing is right and all the planets are in proper alignment, Ralph Dale Earnhardt, Jr., will win. And once he gets started I will sit back, prop my feet up, put my hands behind my head and say to those that insist on rehashing his so-called losing streak week after week, He's only just begun, so look out world. Let the good times roll!
And now that I feel so much better that I got all that off my chest, it's at least a little warmer in here. But still raining outside.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Jr. drives the # 5 car better than the # 88 except that he did something stupid at the end and lost places.
Also, I don't think restricter plates are fair. Not unless each car is put on the dynamo for wheel HP and frozen when fine tuned to be the same as all others.
Otherwise it is whoever's engine runs best with calculated restricter plate. Things are just reshuffled.
..

RevJim said...

The media as a whole is my pet peeve, which is why I started blogging in the first place--to try to make sense out of all the different, contradictary stories. There is no reason for picking on Jr. He will win a race, and it will be soon, because he is one of the best drivers out there.
The "why can't he win" question is just stupid, because they can't seem to find anything more relevant than, maybe what Tony Stewart might be doing in two years. They're going to be caught by surprise when Greg Biffle signs with Penske. I'll see that as revenge!

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ When it comes to Junior driving at Talladega, there is no other that rivals his style and what he can do on that track. He is amazing to watch when the camera is on him only. The public doesn't see that. All they see is when he has a problem, because the media loves to beat on someone who is on top of their game. For some reason they beat on Junior because he has the stigma of being Dale Earnhardt's son. He is the best restrictor plate driver today.

Cheyenne said...

RevJim ~ Well, I like to state my case too against what the media says, but my little blog only goes so far and doesn;t make any dents anywhere. All it does for me is get things off my chest to make me feel a little better.
As far as him not winning, what they don't see is how well he does without a win. Winning isn't everything in NASCAR to make the Chase. It is a big deal to win, but that only lasts for one week and then the next winner takes over the spotlight. Patience for all of us is required.