Yes, It was very boring. Nothing but rain and more to come today so they say. Ask me what I did all weekend. Go ahead, I'm game. OK, taking both days into account, I did some laundry, made dinner, did dishes as a result, read my book, read the newspaper, watched TV, played on the computer, watched The Ugly Truth, fed the cats at the appropriate times, tried to make sense of the latest electric bill, smashed a ganglion on the top of my hand that was there for about a week and a half, did my workout in the basement, and stuck to my diet fairly well. I'm sure I'm missing a few things but you get the general idea. Oh yeah, I had some conversations with my husband. Can't forget him.
But for the most part, I didn't do a damn thing that was constructive. Oh, yes I did. I filed our state taxes. I almost forgot to change the clocks too and as soon as I laid my head on the pillow, I realized it and had to get out of bed to do so. I know, I could have waited till the morning to change them but it's just not the same. I love daylight saving time. I hate it when we have to change the clocks in the Fall. That depresses me. But in the Spring...well, it picks my spirits up. And after the long, nasty winter we have had and now all this rain, having the light of day a little longer is a good thing. Both mentally and physically.
This weekend is the first of many with no NASCAR racing. Another thing I hate. But I got through it. And the best part is the race this Sunday is at Bristol, my all-time favorite track. I prefer night racing at Bristol but I will take a day race there any time. And with the ruckus NASCAR just went through concerning Carl Edwards and Brad Keselowski, and giving the drivers the okay to beat and bang on one another all they want...well, what can I say? It should be pretty interesting. Not to mention very wild. It also gives the guys a chance to get even for past races where they were wrecked and afraid to get even because NASCAR had a strict policy, and they handed out huge fines and point deductions so the drivers were, for the most part, afraid to retaliate. Not that I condone a driver getting even for something that happened to him, no, I don't like revenge racing, but if NASCAR says it's okay, then I am comfortable with that. At a track like Bristol though they should be able to get away with a lot where no one will be the wiser. It's that kind of a track. I guess that's why I love it so much.
1 comment:
Sometimes it's good to have a "boring" weekend! It gives you time to recharge. mericui
Post a Comment