Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's Race Day!

NASCAR having off last week was a lot to bear. We were just getting started and wham! a week off. And another week off coming up on Easter. I hate it when there's no Cup racing, but I must admit that I do get things done I wouldn't ordinarily do on a race weekend. I have waited two weeks for this race. I love the track at Bristol. It never disappoints. This is the last race using that stupid wing on the back of the cars. Starting with the next race at Martinsville, a larger version of the spoiler that was used prior to the wing will adorn the cars. It's not exactly the spoiler I was hoping for but it's a start in the right direction.

We have a franchise in our area called Rita's. They sell Italian ice in loads of flavors plus a wonderful assortment of other frozen delectables. Rita's usually opens on the first day of Spring and anyone who visits gets a free Italian ice. I must admit that I have never gone on the first day for a free ice. But yesterday I did. My husband suggested going to our neighborhood Rita's after we finished our dinner. I chose pina colada. Heavenly.

1 comment:

Peruby said...

I have a free day and got most of my chores done yesterday. Maybe I will sit down and watch the race today.

When I lived with my brother he watched religiously. I am sure he is watching it today. I can't recall who his favorite driver is.

Back in the day, mine was Ricky Rudd because I lived in Chesapeake, VA. for a few years and that is where RR was from.

Rudd won the race on the day my daughter was born.