Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our Stupid Taxes Are Done


Ordinarily I never do the taxes this early. The reason they are done is due to the online tax company that I use every year. I got a notice from them last week stating their fee was going up $20 this Friday. That's all I needed to get my @ss in gear. I'm part Scottish remember and I don't like to part with my money for dumb things like taxes.

I set a day aside to work on them when I knew my husband would not be in the house. I needed to be alone and not have any outside interruptions. I decided to do them "cold" because I had everything I needed in one large folder. At least I thought I did...

When the time came to fill in the amount for our property taxes, they were nowhere to be found. I couldn't find all the other years of taxes either, so I had to resort to our bank statements to track down the amounts. I lost way over half an hour just on those alone, not to mention my stupidity of losing them.

Once I got over that hurdle the rest was fairly easy. The bad part was that I lost at least three hours of good time I could have utilized doing something far better. The good news is we don't owe a single penny. I'll take that any day.

I now can breathe for another year. And then it starts all over again.

No comments: