Sunday, March 28, 2010

Should I Stay Or Should I Go

We haven't been going out to eat dinner all that much this year and there really isn't a reason as to why. However, we have been doing the breakfast thing at least once a week.

Yesterday, while sitting around discussing what I was going to make for dinner, my husband decided he wanted to go somewhere and get dinner instead. He mentioned where and I was all for it.

A few weeks ago he dragged me to a Chinese buffet and I was not thrilled with the experience. On our way home from that place I told him he owed me one and mentioned where I wanted to go sometime in the near future.

I won't print the name of the place but our TV has been inundated with countless commercials about their endless buffet for $3.99 showing a father and his little girl and lots of pizza. One of their commercials will come on, then a different advertiser's commercial appears, and then they play the same commercial again for the place I wanted to go. If I had a dollar for every time that commercial has shown on TV this month I would be quite happy. Well, maybe more than a dollar.

Finally my husband broke down and said let's go there, then you don't have to cook. I don't think he liked what I was planning on making. Since I am always ready to go out to eat at the drop of a hat, it didn't take me long to get ready.

When we drove by the place while searching for a parking spot, I sort of looked in their window to see what it was like. It seemed crowded and the line was sort of long, but once we got inside it wasn't all that long anyway. We waited about 15 minutes till our order was taken. This was the first time we were ever at any of their establishments so it was all new for us. And they are fairly new to our area.

When we were told our order total, it was nowhere near what it should have been with a $3.99 endless buffet price and a drink. My husband asked why. He was told that they are not one of the places that is taking part in that promotion.

So we left.


And found a better place to eat.

No comments: