Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pardon My Absence

There are a lot of things going on right now that keep me from posting as much as I'd like. Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to accomplish what I want to, so a lot of things get pushed to the side.

I recently bought a wireless laptop and cannot access the Internet with it. Being pigheaded as I am, I will try my darnedest to work it out myself before I have to call anyone. I know that's not the right approach, but that's just my nature.

I was not happy upon hearing that NASCAR is only putting Carl Edwards on probation for the next three races, Bristol, Martinsville and Phoenix. I can understand why no fine or points taken away, but I think the probation should be for the remainder of the season. What he did was reprehensible and could have killed the other driver, himself and people in the grandstand if Brad's car would have gone over the fence. That stupid wing can't come off the back of those CoT cars fast enough to suit me. They promised us soon so I am hoping it will happen within a few weeks.

They tell me the weather was gorgeous today but I wouldn't know since I was up to my eyeballs with computer issues. Not only was I having problems with the laptop, but I also knocked myself offline and couldn't get back on again. I think a good night's sleep will do wonders for me. I hope.

5 comments:

Peruby said...

Just got done helping my daughter connect wireless to her boyfriend's router. They are SO sensitive. Routers, wireless and daughters. LOL!

Were you connected wireless with another PC or laptop before this one?

What kind of wireless router do you have? Linksys, Netgear, Belkin?

Peruby said...

Hah, see? Now you've taught ME something. I didn't even know a dual band router existed. I may look into that myself. Good luck shopping.

Ralph said...

I just got a new lap top as well. Learning new programs can drive me nuts in a hurry. Good luck with yours.
Ralph

Jim said...

I hope you get the new computer up and running with the wireless. Once they work they really work good. Most anyplace.

I'm with you on Edwards. Do you think he might get sued? I remember a basketball player getting sued for punching another player and won. This sounds just as serious to me.

I'm off blogging quite a bit too. Probaby I will post Saturday but not before since Sunday and mybe not then. I've been busy too. Taxes are one thing.
..

Rachel said...

I have the wireless computer and love it. I am no good at figuring things out myself though, not with technology!