I have been waiting on my daffodils to bloom longer than I care to think about. This is the longest it has taken them to bloom, and its only the ones at the side of the house where the morning and afternoon sun hits them. Nothing else has erupted yet, other than the forsythia we planted last year. The trees are full of buds though. Great promise. Have I ever told you all how much I love Spring? It is and always will be my favorite season of the year.
I am writing this at 12:30 am on a day that we are expecting the temperature to tickle 80. Our record for today is 83. Maybe we can beat that.
I almost forgot. There is one more thing (three things actually) that has erupted. Last Tuesday, April 5th, my oldest cat outside presented us with three little kittens. She had them in the greenhouse. One is black, one is a tiger, and the other is a calico. So there is at least one male and one female, and the black one could be either. Time will tell.
Remember the calico that was on the roof a few weeks back? She was up there again this morning. Since we had to go somewhere in a hurry I didn't have time to try and coax her down. I thought she would come down on her own once I put the wet food out for the others. But she was being stubborn again. When we got back she was still up there. I tried to chase her with a broom handle that didn't reach, but she only ran to the other side of the roof. But once I walked over to that side and she saw me coming, she jumped down because I saw her run over to the neighbor's yard.
***************
Dale Jr. finished 9th in the race Saturday night at Texas and moved from 8th to 6th in the points, and is now 21 points out of first place.

No comments:
Post a Comment