The week is halfway gone and I have been trying to get the inside of the house decorated for Christmas. I was able to do the outside a few days ago.
Our cold water handle for the tub and shower started dripping ever so slightly awhile back. I would collect the water in a cup and use that to rinse the tub after I showered and also shampooed my hair.
Last week that drip developed into an almost non-stop drip. I kept up with it though. And then a few days ago it went crazy and buckets were called to duty. Meanwhile we went to one of the hardware stores to look for new handles and whatever else was needed to put a stop to that incessant dripping.
The first kit we brought home did not work and so we had to return it for credit. The second kit was much more sophisticated but my husband ran into a different problem; one that he could not fix. That will have to be returned as well. Tuesday evening he called our plumber. He came out to fix the dreaded drip on Wednesday.
Instead of three knobs we now have just a lever with a plate behind it. The plumber installed a new tub spout and the water diverter is on the end of that. He had also installed the stationery shower head but when my husband saw that he told him he had better put the original back on or, as he put it, my wife will have a fit. Yes indeedy I certainly would have had a fit. I like the handheld apparatus because it also helps to clean the walls of the shower and the inside of the glass doors as well. You can't do that with a stationery shower head.
One headache behind us. Wednesday is our normal grocery shopping day but my husband has a doctor's appointment in the morning and there are a few other things we have to do before we end up at Cracker Barrel to eat dinner. So that day is fairly shot.
Friday we will do the grocery shopping. It will feel out of sorts for me to do that on a Friday because I am so used to shopping on a Wednesday for my food.
Eventually a day will open up and I will be able to decorate for Christmas. I just hope it's not the day before.
3 comments:
Holy cow, you are organized! I rarely even know what day it is, let alone schedule to grocery shop every Wednesday! LOL!
Have fun decorating. Send some enthusiasm my way, would ya?
Sometimes it' easier to just call the plumber than deal with the headache!
I don't think you are going to like shopping on Friday--especially this time of year, the store will be so crowded. At least that's what I found today.
Post a Comment