Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Quiet Memorial Day

We started the day off by having breakfast at a local diner. Nothing special. We then went to Home Depot because we need a certain wood protector for our newly purchased 6x12 trailer shown here.



We bought it on Saturday. It was just built last month and the man who owns the place where we bought it uses a certain brand of wood protector and we want to keep using the same brand. When we inquired about the protector at Home Depot, we were told to try Lowes. Not in my lifetime. I will never step foot into a Lowes store. Why? Because that is Jimmie Johnson's sponsor thankyouverymuch and you all know how I feel about him and his dang Lowes.

Our next stop was down the road at a plant/flower nursery where we bought two of these baskets for my front porch:





Our next stop was to find a microwave to replace the one we have that has gone insane. I swear it is possessed. It stops in the middle of cooking at times. And worse yet it starts itself when there's nothing inside. We found this one on sale at a really nice price.



It's stainless steel; I've never had one of them. It takes up less room than our current microwave but has a higher wattage and much faster cooking time. I like things done fast.

With all our goodies in tow it was finally time to go home and relax. We had also picked up lava rock for the gas grill which I haven't used since '04. I just wasn't in a grilling mood last year and made everything inside on my George Foreman grill. So I dusted off the grill outside, hosed it down (with the lid closed, of course), laid the new lava rock inside and turned it on. Nothing. I tried again and still nothing. OK time to call the husband (when all else fails that is what I do). He thinks the striker doesn't work anymore. So he lit it with my long butane lighter that I use to light my jar candles. And I took it from there.

All in all we had a nice quiet day, just the two of us.

Fast forward to Tuesday morning when I went out to feed the cats (with my camera in hand). Here's one of the triplets. It was all I could do not to scoop the little fella up and run.



But here is its mama and she takes good care of her babies. I know she wouldn't let me get too close to it.

10 comments:

Tiredawg said...

Starting itself and nothing inside, sounds like Kyle Busch when he first gets up in the morning. Getting up all to realize when he gets started and looks in the mirror there is nothing inside between his big dumboesque ears.

Jim said...

Starting by itself can be dangerous to microwaves. They shouldn't be cooking with nothing inside, it can ruin the electronics.

Don't throw the old one away, just re-program it to behave itself. If software fixes can't tame those electronics maybe Mrs. Jim can. She is a social worker (retired).

And until you get the old one straightened out, don't let it around the new one because it will be teaching the puppy microwave bad habits.

Your pictures are really nice. I'm glad you did all the 'politically correct' things Monday.
..

Cheyenne said...

TIREDAWG ~ Yeah pretty darn close to how he acts. I swear all their brains are in their ears.

Cheyenne said...

JIM ~ Are you making fun of me? Politically correct? Well, I guess you can say that...after all we did do our part in that there were a lot of taxes going back to Uncle Sam with the stuff we bought. Big time, I would say.
Oh, when the old micro turns itself on, it is just a spurt. It doesn't stay running. I know there should always be something inside when on, but short of shooting it there was nothing I could do. The paint is peeling away at the seams on the inside too so it is not worth salvaging. It's only 6 years old. Nothing lasts these days. My first one lasted well over 15 years or more.

Rachel said...

Your hanging baskets are so pretty!!

Glad you got rid of the possessed microwave. It's bad when they go off on their own. It was probably protesting its old age. I got a new one about 3 years ago and had it installed over my stove. Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!!!!! Absolutely love em!

I showed off my perennials and annuals on my Jottings From Jersey blog several days ago. You and I have similar taste in flowers and colors.

Cassandra said...

Love the flowers!!! And the kitties!! I won't shop at Lowe's either. No way!
I was glad there was some things to laugh at during the race but most of all that JJ didn't win!!!! Please stop calling it "his house" now. I was so tired of that I could scream.

Cassandra said...

I thought about covering up the June calendar picture with a piece of paper. But then I saw a sharpie and the idea came to modify it. Now I laugh every time I look at it. hehehe

poopie said...

Purdy flowers! Thanks for the visit and the sharing. ^j^

Cliff said...

I love the flowers, laughed at the Lowes deal and like the trailer. How much? $1200? I'm in the market.