Monday, August 07, 2006

Because He Deserves It

This is our newest addition of toys. Thanks to my inheritance I was able to buy my husband a new truck. Our '97 F-150 took a stumble a few weeks before we got this one.
This is an F-150 King Ranch SuperCrew 4X4 with leather interior. We added the weather shields over all four windows, and also the bug shield at the hood.
It came equipped with Sirius satellite radio, free for six months. My favorite station is All Elvis. I can never get enough of his singing.

When I knew I would be getting the inhertance, well over a year ago already, I had decided that I would use part of it to let my husband pick out the truck of his choice. It was to be a secret. A secret that I was keeping very well. Until the '97 started breaking down little by little. And so I had to tell him of my well-kept plan.

At first he said "no" but after he thought about it he said "OK, as long as it's a King Ranch." No problem there. So I started looking for black ones, as that is the only color I had seen a King Ranch presented in and I thought it was the best color choice. None of the local dealers had any in that color. As a matter of fact, there were very few King Ranch trucks out there. One color that kept coming up in inventories was copper. And that is the very same color my husband had in mind. After I realized that this was his truck and his color choice to make, we decided on the Dark Copper Clearcoat.

It took awhile for us to coordinate our first meeting to see the truck because, although it was listed in the inventory of the dealer we chose, they didn't physically have it on any of their lots. Ford in Detroit insisted it was there, but no one could find it. Seems it was taking the scenic route from its birth place in Kansas City and the day finally arrived for us to see it. And what a beauty she is. Or he is, depending on who you are.

...and to "top" it off a hard tonneau cover color-coded to match the truck was recently installed over the bed. Our other truck had the soft cover with snaps and we didn't want to go with one of those because they simply rot from the sun and weather. Happy to say, we sold the '97 in a private sale.

I would like to add here that my husband and I worked very hard over our lifetimes to get where we are. Nothing came easy. We hit an awful lot of roadblocks and snags along the way. I can only say here that I think we both deserve what we have today.

14 comments:

Tiredawg said...

Yes you DO!!! Nice truck. Looks like it won't see much "work". LOL LOL LOL eNJOY IT, HAVE FUN WITH IT AND DON'T WRIZZECK IT!!!

Miki said...

WOW! Nice truck! My husband just purchased a "new" to him truck, a 2004 black ford f150, with the 4 door option. There is more room in the truck than in the car for us and the kids. It made the trip to NC for the tournament great! We were comfortable and could carry what we really needed for the trip!
Good luck with the vehicle, and enjoy it imensely, you do deserve the "stuff" when you work hard for it!

Jim said...

I'm happy for you guys, you are nice to share that way. I think you both will really like the King Ranch. Mrs. Jim's nephew has an '05 and he just loves it.
When you (?) are driving (?) it, remember it won't go where your Mustang fits.
All Elvis is a nice bonus!
BTW, some of my retirement is Ford stock from when I worked for them at NASA. It isn't worth very much now, they sell a lot of vehicles, but need to sell more. Toyota just got ahead of them. And now Toyota is getting to NASCAR. What is this world coming to?
..

Anonymous said...

King Ranch's are awesome trucks. I wanted my hubby to get one but he does a lot of dirty work and firewood, so he passed on the King and settled with a F250. He also gets a new truck every 3 yrs so it wouldn't make much sense to get a King. I on the otherhand, love my new explorer, however I am eyeing a convertible mustang GT! LOL

Congrats gf on finally enjoying life.

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Awesome truck. I don't think I have ever seen one up here in my neck of the woods. Enjoy every single minute of that NEW smell.

Cheyenne said...

Dawg: No, it is not a work horse. That's why we bought that trailer I posted about earlier in the year.

Cheyenne said...

Miki ~ Love those Fords. I have been driving them most of my life. I was brought up in a Ford family.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ! Exactly that, we are sharing. I sometimes wonder if readers think I am showing off, but trust me I am not that way at all. I just love to take pictures and share things that way as best as I can.

Cheyenne said...

Antonette ~ Ahhh, another Ford person. I think they make the best trucks.

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ Love that new smell. In this case, it is the leather. My Mustang is a '97 that we bought in Oct. '96 so it will soon be 10 years old and it still has that new smell. That's because it is garage-kept and has under 3000 miles on it.

Rachel said...

What a neat truck! I don't think I have seen one of those yet. Very nice and nice of you to get it for him. Sharing is wonderful!

I like the color too! I know you will both enjoy it.

Cassandra said...

Congrats on the new truck!! Very nice!

OneHungMan said...

OneHung isn't much of a pickemup truck fan, but that's nice looking.

Cheyenne said...

OneHung ~ Try 'em, you might like 'em. We've had a pickup from the day we were married. Truck drivers and pickups go hand in hand, you know.