First off, don't ever think that I am or ever will be a Cowboys fan. I am, however, a Terrell Owens fan. And I am glad to report that he is doing rather well while currently on the Cowboys' roster. And that makes my heart happy. Because when T.O. is happy, Cheyenne is happy. He has, hopefully, found a home. I became a fan of his while he was with my favorite team, the San Francisco Forty-Niners. (Remember Joe Montana?)
In my estimation, T.O. is a darn good player and I always believed that, given the right team he would excel once again. Time will tell I suppose. I will be watching many Cowboys games now, which isn't so bad since that is my husband's team anyway.When T.O. played for the Philadelphia Eagles, I think the problem there was Donovan McNabb's gigantic ego. He just couldn't stand someone on the team that was more popular than he was/is. Personality clash, you know.
When he left the '49ers they were not doing so good; actually, they haven't done anything since then. I just wish they could find a decent quarterback. Their last good QB was Steve Young. Then when T.O. was with the Eagles, Mister McNabb had other ideas as to whom he wanted to receive the ball. Well, that would upset me too. After all, if I'm a receiver I want to catch the ball and run with it. No? Isn't that the whole idea?
So let's give T.O. another chance. He's communicating with Cowboys QB Drew Bledsoe during practice. Things are looking up. Let's keep our fingers crossed and see how the coming season goes.
6 comments:
I don't think I remember Terrell Owens. I will watch him, you can help us between races.
Well, I'm not nor ever will be a Cowboys fan either.
I do root for them above some other team, but we have the Houston Texans I have to be loyal to.
My second pro team probably is the Tennessee Titans, as they were once the Houston Oilers. A lot of people hold a grudge against Bud Adams (I might feel that way) and let that grudge transfer over to the team (I don't). They are a good team and it isn't their fault Bud Adams has them.
..
Well Jim, a lot of people have become fed up with T.O. and his antics. I look beyond those and consider why he does what he does when he does it. I am hoping he does well with the Cowboys and the antics stop. All little boys have to grow up sometime. He's such a darn good player and he needs to show us how good.
Anyone got a sharpie??? I will meet you at the Cowboys 50 yard line star.
I grew up on the Cowboys every Sunday. They have ticked me off many times, but they are still my home team. I still root for them, can't help it. Though my dad will never forgive JJ for firing Tom Landry. I think T.O. was a good addition.
Nascar is first for me now, football second.
Now Dawg, I know you mean well. You're so funny. Lol
Jane: I was hooked on the Cowboys back in the Roger Stauback days, so I know all about Tom Landry. I wonder if he slept in that hat too. Oh, and the suit. Yes, my first love is NASCAR and football takes a huge back seat. I watch those games when I can.
Post a Comment