Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Follow-up to Past Posts

That pesky varmint, ole pointy face the opossum, seems to have moved on. I only actually saw it two nights and they weren't in a row. It may have been back other times, but not where I could see it. The nights I waited, it never showed. Eventually I gave up looking for it. I read they are very nomadic vagabonds and just wander aimlessly looking for food and shelter whenever they need it. They never stay in one place too long even if there is a supply of food. So I guess we were just one convenient stop along the way.


About those Geico commercials with Burt Bacharach, Charo, and Little Richard? They are all hideous I have decided. Give me the gecko any day.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Carl Edwards says he has thought about his past actions and will be a good boy from now on. Gee, I wonder who finally got through to him...or did they? Time will tell. See, this is what I mean about him: because he works out and has great abs, he thinks everybody should be scared of him when he gets in their faces.

I did eventually get through to the local newspaper, but it wasn't until Wednesday afternoon, after trying many times starting Monday morning. Their excuse was that they were moving their distribution center. What on earth that has to do with my not receiving a newspaper is beyond me. It's delivered by a person who drives their own personal vehicle. And I learned that we just got a new carrier as of July 12th, so I can't blame it on the other doofus we had. I guess they are all from the same mold.

And about the newspaper box that someone tried to murder a few weeks back...I guess we won't be getting a new one after all, since we are using the beaten and battered one. Yes, my husband brought it back to life somehow.

7 comments:

4ever3 said...

You know, I just came across the article that was in that edition of ESPN with him on the cover. In it he stated, "The only thing I worry about is becoming one of those drivers people whisper about and say, 'he used to be such a nice guy'". I can hear the whispers all the way to Canada.

Rachel said...

Glad the possum decided to move on! He may end up as road kill somewhere since so many of them do. That picture you posted of the baby ones is cute though!!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

OK those critters look like rats. But I am not really sure as Alberta is a RAT FREE province so I haven't ever seen one except on TV and would like to keep it that way. Carl being good, mmmm, PR maybe. I can hear the whispers in Canada. LOL.

Cheyenne said...

4ever3 ~ ANd it's true...he was a nice guy, till he started playing bumper cars with everyone on the track and then saying he was sorry. Now he has to undo all the harm he's done.

Cheyenne said...

Rachel ~ I posted babies because the older ones are not so cute.

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ So the rats know not to cross the province line? Those are some smart rats. Wish we had a few of them down here, or not...

Cliff said...

I'm with you on the commercials but I don't even like the gieco ad's.