Monday, November 06, 2006

Busy Busy Busy

Before my husband stopped working, I pretty much had the day to myself to do whatever I wanted. There was no one looking over my shoulder telling me what to do. I did what I wanted when I wanted and that meant I spent a lot of time on this computer.

I had a routine: I would walk on my treadmill when The Price Is Right was on. After that show was over was when I took my shower and shampooed my hair. And then I was ready to worship my 19" computer screen. Most of the time I would then be back on again around 11 pm every night.

Well, since D is home now it is a much different situation. I don't have the time to do what I used to. We don't stay home much or we are outside working in the yard. And our lives are about to be much more fuller because we are going to be a adopting a kitten. We have an appointment to look at one later today. All I have seen is a picture of her. She is three months old. Oh, and she has a brother. The lady that has them in her foster home would like if both were adopted together. I have to think long and hard on that one.

After having rabbits in the house for so long we felt it is time for a change. I have been gathering things for quite some time so that once we have the kitten here we don't have to rush out and buy anything for it, except toys and other things to spoil her/them with.

Why a kitten? All year we have had strays outside that have come and gone. We fed them and made sure they had fresh water. There were a couple of new litters and we watched them grow from tiny things to little dynamos on four legs. I took many photos of all of them. But there was one thing missing: we couldn't hold them and pet them and listen to them purr. And after we lost our last rabbit, once my grieving was a distant memory, I decided that I would eventually adopt a kitten. That time is now and I am very excited.

Whether we take just the female, or whether we take her brother too, once we have made up our mind you can bet there will be a lot of photos here with writings about their antics. She will stay in the house and she will be loved beyond belief. Maybe her brother too. We'll see...

14 comments:

Cliff said...

I'll have to let this one pass. I like cats so long as they're wild and hunt mice. :)

Tiredawg said...

We have 8 cats. All inside, all declawed, spayed and Nuetered. Yes I listened to Bob Barker. If I were you I would take them both. They will keep you and D laughing.

Jim said...

Mrs. Jim's life sure changed when I retired too. She had a two-year start but I sent her back to day zero.
Cats are nice but they sure do tie retired people down. Mom and Dad became 'stay-at-homes' because of their Tiger cat.
..

Cheyenne said...

Cliff ~ That's ok, as long as you don't harm them. The do make wonderful companions though.

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ 8 cats! Yikes that's a busy household. The only thing I frown on is that they are declawed. Please don't ever let them get outside, they have no defense. By the way, we did take them both.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ To start with, we are stay-at-home people. However, we won't let cats tie us down. These little guys are in a room by themselves for now and other times when we go away they will be in a carrier. Once they are older they are pretty much self-suffient as all they need is food and water. Oh, and lots of loving...and we have plenty of that.

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Take them both, they will be happier with a companion.

Ralph said...

No cats for us. Char is allergic to them.
Ralph

Cassandra said...

Yeah! I hope you do adopt them and I look forward to seeing many kitten pics.

Rachel said...

WhooHooo!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ I took them both and I will never regret it. They are such a joy together.

Cheyenne said...

stshores24 ~ Thanks !

Cheyenne said...

Rachel ~ And I can't wait to post them.

Cassandra said...

Oh yeah!!! You did get both kities!!!