Friday, November 24, 2006

The Day After

My Thanksgiving was nice. They usually are. But, for the first time in a long time, I did not have to cook. I wasn't planning on it either. We were going to go out to eat. But my brother-in-law called the day before and invited us. Yippee! I was so glad. We had a good time and of course the food was excellent.

I didn't eat too much either. I'm not one to stuff myself. No, my problem is what I eat, not how much I eat. And since I no longer work and am around food all day it has become quite a huge problem for me. Needless to say, something has to be done and it has to start with me. No one else can do it for me. Nope, I must take this journey alone. Like all the journeys before this one. I have been weight-conscious all my life and, frankly, I am sick and tired ot it. But once again I must find my way and watch what I eat. Well, not watch it exactly...I must be more conscious of what I eat. There, that's better.

So if I seem a little crabby or cranky in my writings, just ignore me. I'll get over it. I usually do.

6 comments:

Tiredawg said...

You don't seem cranky. Even if you did, we would still loves ya.

Cassandra said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!
We all have our cranky times.

Oscar T. Grouch said...

a little snarky maybe but not cranky.

conscious is the way to go.

Rachel said...

Cheyenne, glad you had a great Thanksgiving and got to spend time with family.

I know what you mean about weight. I have the same problem. If only it were as easy to lose as it is to gain!!

Jim said...

I'm resigned to the two or three pounds a person is supposed to gain each year.
So just suck up and have a couple of hot dogs.
..
BTW, two hot dogs put two pounds on me, I weigh every morning and night.
..

Tiredawg said...

2 Sundays, NO SCRIPTURES!!!??? A-hem, do I need to find another place of worship???