Monday, November 13, 2006

Good To The Last 'Dig'


If all Star*ucks stores have employees like the one at a nearby franchise then please, God, don't let them operate.

The woman I am talking about is exactly what she accused my husband of being: rude and ignorant. I, for one, would love to give her an attitude adjustment. But my husband won't let me. He doesn't want me to stoop to her level. Shoot, he takes all my fun away.

I honestly don't know what is wrong with the younger generation today. Some of them need to lighten up. They have no sense of humor and they act like they don't even know what it is.

And by the way, she isn't the only one he's encountered. I witnessed another one up close and personal. It happened at a restaurant recently where the cashier/hostess was a very young female. My husband made a humorous remark and she acted like he called her a vile name. I said "It looks like your sense of humor has been tested and it failed." There was another older female employee nearby who heard everything and she shook her head and said "Kids these days." I guess she was embarrassed for us.

So what is their problem and why do they think they are so damn superior?

Don't they realize that a good sense of humor will get them farther in this world than being so high and mighty?

(I am hoping this will be my last complaint about Star*ucks. Honest.)

8 comments:

Jim said...

I hope I'm not too young a kid. I generally have a sense of humor but I'm slow to catch on.
If it's in a car forget my humor, I get r**d r**e pretty easy. I won't shoot anybody though.
..

Tiredawg said...

Nope, they lost their sense of humor back when video games became the modern day "babysitter".

Rachel said...

Sad isn't it? A sense of humor is a wonderful thing to have!

I have never been in a Starbucks. I have had their coffee at a restaurant and did not like it. That restaurant switched back soon afterwards to "normal" coffee.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ Well, I get road rage too and I am ready to shoot them all. I never saw such a nation so full of idiotic drivers. No courtesy, no common sense...I could go on and on. Yeah, I would not hesitate to take a couple pot shots at them and I am licensed to carry. But I leave it at home.

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ I guess those games teach them how to be snotty, huh? I should have known.

Cheyenne said...

Rachel ~ Yes, it is so very sad. I feel sorry for them. They are missing out on so much.

1 plus twins said...

you are so right, kids don't think anything is funny and they think they are way better than everyone else and their customer service sucks big time!

Ralph said...

Yeah, it is sad. I have seriously reduced my number of visits to that coffee shop. There is a locally owned coffee store nearby and the young people there are really friendly - heck I have even heard them laugh out loud. They are kind of fun to be around.
Ralph