I finally changed to DSL. It was installed yesterday. Everything went smoothly as long as the technician was here. Then I was given an instruction sheet on how to configure e-mail for Outlook Express. I followed it correctly but I still cannot send or receive. Well actually I won't receive anything yet because no one knows my new e-mail address. But I know I can't send because I have three messages waiting to go out. I keep getting errors. I will make that dreaded phone call (hey, I can call on my regular phone now because the line isn't tied up from the computer) and hopefully they can get me on the straight and narrow once again. It's always something.Tuesday, while the kittens were under the knife we decided to use the free day to go to Atlantic City. No, we didn't win anything. The best part was when I used a walkway toward the beach and was able to take some photos. I have yet to download them and once I do, I will post them.
Another highlight was the drunk guy. These casinos give you all the free drinks you want, and then when someone gets good and drunk they treat them like a criminal. What's up with that? They handcuffed his hands behind his back and stuck him in a wheelchair. They then called for medical help but I never saw anyone respond to that request. Meanwhile the guy threw himself on the floor and laid there while at least 8 employees stood around. What a joke.
We ended up eating at a buffet in the Resorts Casino. It cost over $40 for the two of us, and I assured my husband that for that price I was going to stuff myself till I puked. I did stuff myself but the other thing never happened. And, by the way, it cost us $46 to ride the bus and they gave us $50 in cash to spend. It doesn't get any better than that. However, now that we have casinos popping up in Pennsylvania I highly doubt we will be visiting Atlantic City again. It takes about 2-1/2 hours to get there, and they only give you six hours to lose your money, and then it is another 2-1/2 hours back home.
6 comments:
I miss the North. Atlantic city and the boardwalk.
Not much to miss anymore. You already have the ocean and it's so much warmer too. Nope, nothing up here to get excited about.
Glad your cats are doing well after being under the knife!!! They are so cute!
Glad that the kitties are "normal" after their medical experience! Atlantic City, huh? Never been, and I do live so close. THe last time I was in a casino, and the only time, was when we went "upstate" for my nephew's wedding. The Allegheney-Seneca Casino, near Olean. I didn't loose too much money, but didn't come home with any either!
Glad your babies are back home. They are so cute!
Rachel, Miki and Babs ~ Days later and they are once again my little "indians" getting into some trouble, but not much.
Post a Comment