
Because I was a bad wife and didn't get my husband a birthday card (Tuesday was his birthday), I decided the next best thing was to take him out to dinner. That is something I very rarely do because he is always taking me somewhere to eat ~ he's a very generous man.
Our choice was Charlie Brown's Steakhouse in Allentown, Pa., pictured here. This particular Charlie Brown's was recently voted for having the best salad bar by our locals, among other things. I think I could eat from their salad bar till the cows come home, and I have yet to be disappointed with anything I have ordered.
We decided to go early to avoid any waiting, because if there is one thing I absolutely detest, it is waiting to be seated when I am so hungry I could eat a cow's behind.
I am currently on a low fat, low calorie diet, so I have to be careful what I choose to eat when dining out. Chicken is always a good choice, and because I just made grilled steak the other night, it wasn't that hard of a choice to go with a chicken dish. And so I chose the Chicken Hibachi, broccoli, and garlic green beans. Of course, the salad bar was included. Lots of veggies and non fat dressing always works for me.
Before we left, my husband had seen a sign for chocolate cake at $5.79. He asked the waitress why it cost so much and she said because it is six layers. He wavered as to whether he wanted to take a piece along with him, and in the end that is what he did. It looks absolutely scrumptious and I do believe I will be having a little bite of it, diet or no diet. Sometimes it's just so wrong to deny oneself of life's simpler pleasures, right?
7 comments:
Happy B-DAy belated to Cheyenne's other half!!!!!!!!!!! MMM CAKE, mmm.
Happy (late) Birthday to the 'old man!'
Happy (late) Birthday to the 'old man!'
Happy (late) Birthday to the 'old man!'
Happy (late) Birthday to the 'old man!'
Happy (late) Birthday to the 'old man!'
Happy (late) Birthday to the 'old man!'
Happy (late) Birthday to the 'old man!'
Happy (late) Birthday to the 'old man!'
Happy (late) Birthday to the 'old man!'
Happy (late) Birthday to the 'old man!'
Happy (late) Birthday to the 'old man!'
Happy (late) Birthday to the 'old man!'
..
You can tell, I'm back, and even posted a couple of blogs today.
At PHOTO PLACE and LITTLE BLOG.
..
I started to think, as I was thinking of 'nice' things to mention, that this restaurant might not have made it in my book.
The parking lot looked pretty empty, meaning that it must not be a nice place to go.
But then you said you go when it ISN'T very busy, so that explains that.
We were in Philadelphia last Tuesday, at the airport.
I think you have let a lot of foreigners (mostly U.S.) into that city.
The airport sure didn't show much brotherly love.
In fact, they didn't have the A/C running there. And our plane was almost an hour late on departing.
Houston was such a pleasant place, and we were so glad to be home.
Not one cross look did we get, and sure a lot of smiles and 'Hi's' from people we didn't even know.
..
It sounds delicious! I love a good salad bar too.
That chicken hibachi, broccoli, and garlic green beans sounds great. I am not a big cake fan. But I've never seen a piece of pie that I didn't like.
Tell him Happy Birthday from us.
Ralph
We have a Charlie Browns close to where we live in Jersey. Hands down, they do have the best salad bar around.
Hey Jim, I totally agree with you about Philly Airport. Arrivals and Departures are NEVER EVER on time there. I had to sit in Atlanta Airport for 3 hours because everything was backed up in Philly. I am flying out of Newark airport next time. I have never had a bad flight to or from there. I just don't like the area or the drive. I guess I'll get over it.
Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes for the both of us. We really do appreciate them.
In my opinion, the cake wasn't all that great so I'm glad I only had a taste of it.
Jim ~ The photo of CB's wasn't taken by me. This shot is taken from across the street, the parking lot is to the left and is always full, especially after 4 PM.
Happy birthday to the old man....I gotta try that cake out...whooo...hooo
Post a Comment