
Yeah, that is how I really feel about the Chase. I am pissed off that Dale Jr. didn't make the Chase. I am pissed off that a few of those who did make it, really don't belong there. I am pissed off that Kurt Busch started showing his muscle a few races before the Chase began, therefore edging Dale Jr. out of the way. I am pissed off that DEI has/had such a piss poor engine program this year, causing Dale Jr. to have 5 DNFs (did not finish). I am pissed off that Teresa turned out to be such a badass owner, tossing her stepson aside as if he were nothing more than a bundle of rags. Am I pissed off? You bet I am.
These last ten races (aka The Chase) don't inspire me to even want to watch them. But I will. Only to see how Dale Jr. does, like if he can win one of them at least. What really bothers me is the fact that the non-Chasers cannot really mix it up with the Chasers. I don't like the fact that they have to tip-toe around them. I know for a fact that Dale Sr. would not tip-toe. He would let them know where he was all the time, and the fact that they were Chasers (provided he wasn't one of them) would not deter him from doing what he did best on the track, and that is elbow his way to the front no matter what it took to do so.
With all this said, the only thing that is keeping me going right now is the big announcement coming Wednesday about Dale Jr's number and sponsor. Not to mention the fact that after the last race he and Tony Jr. will be free men. Free from the stupidity that is DEI (TEI?). When Junior first made his announcement to leave his father's organization back in May, I was right there with him in total agreement. And I have been agreeing with all the decisions he has made since then. 100%.
So now you all know how I really feel. Aren't you glad you asked? I know I am.
After writing the above and putting it in draft, I have since watched the first Chase race. I'm not so sure I want to watch the remainder. I will listen to them on the radio because unlike TV, radio acknowledges the fact that there are 31 other drives on the track. Had I stuck with TV only I would have thought only 12 drivers were competing. Although I will admit they did show Junior even if it was when he spun on the track. And when they spoke of him it was mostly to remind us that he did not make the Chase. Only nine more agonizing races to go.
Oh dear sweet Dover, make my dream come true: do your monster thing on the Chase drivers. Please?
2 comments:
Tell me something Ms. Cheyenne are ya pissed off???
i think she's ticked..just remember young lady it's darkest before the dawn...the race broadcast on Sirius rocks...I listen to that with the tv turned down...
Post a Comment