
Ok, so I've convinced myself to get over the fact that it's a very strong possibility that Jeff Gordon will, and rightly should, win his 5th championship. It's almost a given at this point in time. He has taken command of just about everything this year. So big deal, I know I've bashed him in the past. I am very guilty of that and I openly admit it. But I'm beyond that now. As a Junior fan, I just went along with the crowd. It was a fun thing to do.
But Jeff got married and had his first child, Ella Sofia, and I started seeing changes in him. Good changes. Because back when he was married to Brooke-the-Winston-Girl, I felt like he was her puppet and I really didn't care for her. And the outcome of their divorce proved I was right about her all along
And then after his divorce the nasty rumors flew ~ and I mean nasty. So nasty that I started believing them myself, and shame on me for that. But his second marriage and daughter's birth brought me back to reality. He's a changed man and I'm not saying all this because he's going to be Junior's teammate in '08. Although I will admit that fact helped me along just a tad bit.
No, it's the other teammate I will have a hard time dealing with. And speaking of him, a new Lowes is about to open in our neighborhood, and I will be visiting it. I know...I went public awhile back and said I would NEVER EVER step foot in a Lowes store. Please don't beat me, but I just have to go to be nosey. I didn't say I would buy anything. And even if I do, I will never tell. I'm not that crazy.
2 comments:
Yes I have noticed the change in him since Miss Winston Bizzitch. I kinda hope he does win it this year. I would love to see Ella by that trophy. Did I just write that???
Jeff has made it clear that he will continue to be strongly competitive, and that he doesn't expect Jr fans to like him. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but there will be some Jr fans who don't dislike Gordon now, who will learn to dislike him a few races into next year. Jeff didn't get to be the great driver he is by being Mr. Nice Guy on the track.
Post a Comment