Thursday, October 11, 2007

One By One They're Leaving



A few hundred years ago, when piracy was so prevalent, there obviously were a lot of ships sailing the high seas. And when any one of those ships had a disaster strike it, they usually sank fast. But I'm going to assume that many of them took their good old time sinking. Either way, all of those ships had four-legged furry-type animals on them ~ mice, rats and what ever else the ships' cargo attracted back then.

With all that said, the mice and rats (and the whatevers) didn't always stay aboard. There is an old saying, and I don't know it verbatim, that says mice will always leave a sinking ship. Well that's rather smart of them and I commend them for their excellent judgment. Who wants to drown anyway? The bad news is, a lot of them went down with the ship. Well, bad news for them.

So by now I suppose you are all wondering where exactly I'm going with this. Well...

...slowly, but surely, the "mice" are leaving what they think is a possible ship sinking. And that ship is called USS DEI. Not only is Dale Jr leaving, but Sunday was Tony Jr's last job as a DEI employee, and there is a report that three shop guys left with him already. Four more can leave next year. Also, T. J. Majors, who is currently spotting for Dale Jr, will be going to HMS next year. Danny Earnhardt (Dale Sr's brother) and Danny Earnhardt Jr will be working for JR Motorsports. Danny Sr said DEI is just not the same and he can't face walking into the Ginn shop at DEI because it's not Dale's place.

Forget the fact that DEI bought another couple of race teams, which meant that if all of Junior's Brew Crew left this year, DEI still would have had enough people from Ginn to cover those that left. But they chose to get rid of them shortly after they acquired them. Well golly gee, that's good business sense right there I would say. C'mon DEI, did you not think Junior's team wouldn't want to follow him?

I digress...getting to the heart of this post is that I truly hoped Martin Truex Jr would leave too. I am hoping he will think hard after his contract is up for renewal, which I think is at the end of 2008. I like the guy, but not as long as he stays at DEI. That ship is sinking ever so slowly. Run, mice, run!

5 comments:

Tiredawg said...

Does this mean you want the "Captain" to go down with the ship???

Cheyenne said...

If you mean the Captain to be Teresa, hell yeah! She needs a good drowning. Maybe then she'll come to her senses. Apparently Dale Jr was the keystone that held that place together. He left and the rest is crumbling all around her. I'm just sayin'...

Jim said...

I'll bet that woman wishes she had put an agreement not to compete in all their contracts now.

Then she could watch those mice starve! Too late now.

;-)

..

Ralph said...

While I am not a big race fan and really have no idea what you were talking about with Dale and all - I have to tell you, that was a great lead in to what you wanated to say.
Ralph

RevJim said...

Just think about the ramifications, though. There is no doubt in my mind that by 2009, Junior Motorsports will be a Cup contender. No problem getting sponsors, and look at the experience and behind the scenes talent they are getting.
Cheyenne--I'm putting together a NASCAR bloggers' group at Blog Catalog. Please feel welcome to join.