
When Jeff Burton's engine went south, it didn't bother me. But when Martin Truex's engine blew, I turned to my husband and said, "It's just a matter of time till Junior's blows too." Darned if it didn't happen. I still say RCR is crazy for hooking up with DEI in a combined engine program. DEI's engines just plain suck.
Oh, and before I went outside to feed the cats I told my husband, "The big one is coming, you'll see." I wore my radio headset outside and when the big one happened, a smile came to my face. What did I care? My driver was already out of the race. And I truly believe that had he not incurred a blown engine, he would have been caught up in the wreck too.
I disliked today's race for many reasons. One of them is the fact that the first half or more was just boring! boring! boring! NASCAR needs to do something about those CoT cars, especially at the RP tracks. I won't hold my breath though because they seem to think they are the best thing going. The thing is, they don't have to drive them.
So it turned out to be a bad day for both Juniors (Dale and Tony), as this was their last race together until they reunite next year at Hendrick Motorsports. I, for one, cannot wait. This year has been totally unbearable for me. I don't know how Dale Jr can keep his spirits up...well, yes I do ~ he knows next year will be different. He'll be away from that god-awful stepmother, not to mention suck-ass engines.
4 comments:
At least next year Jr. will be where the horsepower is.
Next year has to be better, a lot better.
I missed the first part of the race, there was a really good football game on, Houston Texans and Miami Dolphins.
Houston won in the last six seconds by a field goal. Chris Brown kicked it, he has been phenomenal, all his training was with the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
..
Yes, there is gum for sale at the GUM. I wrote a little about that in my comment there.
..
DEI/RCR would have been better off if they had gone with the older GM engines, like JGR and HMS did. I think the problem is in the engine design, not the builders.
It is the RO7 engine that has the problems.
I agree with RevJim...there was a reason why Hendrick and JGR haven't switched
Post a Comment