
Sometimes I wish I'd never heard that word procrastination. It haunts me every day of my life. Yes, I am one of those and most of the time I am not very proud of it. I have shoved so many things onto the back burner that the stove tipped over a long time ago. And to make matters worse, I'm married to one who is far worse than I can ever be as far as procrastinating goes.
So when you put the two of us together, we're a mess. We do manage to get things done, but not at a decent pace. What some people get done in a timely manner takes us so much longer. But in my case, if the chore or plan I make is something I enjoy doing, trust me ~ it will get done quicker than normal. It's those ugly, nasty things I don't like doing that I would just as soon forget as to do them.
And those would be what you might ask? Well for one, making phone calls irritates the crap out of me. I put them off simply because I don't like making them. No matter who I have to call or why ~ I just hate making phone calls. I can sit on the thought of making a phone call for days before I will actually pick up the phone and dial. And if I get a busy signal? Oh good Lord, that can take another couple of days before I dial again. I'm not talking emergencies here, just your normal calls other than personal ones.
Another major area I procrastinate about is income taxes. If I have ever done them earlier than one week prior to the deadline, I am not aware of it. I do them myself. I hate the chore. Maybe if we were getting refunds it wouldn't be so bad, but we always end up paying. I think this year will be different though, so I am kind of looking forward to doing them. Wow, did I just say that?
Another problem area with me is our accumulation of stuff that we no longer use. I gathered a bunch of it together while I was working yet and we did donate that to charity. A whole pickup truck full of boxes. I had more to go at the time that didn't fit into the bed of the truck, but Christmas was upon us and I needed room to put the tree where some of the filled boxes were. So those boxes went back into the spare room...and they are still there almost three years later. Why? Don't ask me because I don't know why. Maybe the word starts with a "p"?
Or maybe because I went into a funk about my job back then. Not anymore though ~ that heathen actually did me a favor. However, he did not cure me of my putting things off and for that I shall never forgive him. And I can now add that to the long list of all the other things I hold against him. (That would be the boss from hell at my last job.)
So there you have it...reasons for the way I am and why. But apparently I'm not alone:

6 comments:
Well I loves ya just the way you are, I have been meaning to tell you that just been a bit busy...!!! LOL LOL LOL
I am with you on the taxes and that last cartoon really made me laugh.
Hope you read this in a timely manner. Okay, I just had to say that.
Ralph
I know what you mean. I have problems with "p" too. I really need to fill those boxes and have a major weeding of things around here. I don't wait on taxes though. I just get them done ASAP, so I can get it over with.
Tiredawg ~ Thanks. Right back atcha.
Ralph ~ Yes, I got right on it. Because I enjoy doing this, that's why. No procrastinating here.
Rachel ~ Nope, not me and taxes. Those babies are just too darn ugly to face that early in the year. The longer I have to look at them, the better I feel.
Post a Comment