Monday, January 28, 2008

Yeah Rick, We Love Him Too

Here are some recent quotes from Rick Hendrick, Dale Jr's new boss:

“Junior so far, you would think coming in here, from what I had heard about him being late and not wanting to be a part of things, he’s the first one with his hand up. He’s gone with me to dealerships and things and he loves it. I hope it doesn’t wear off. He wants to do good, and we want to see him do good."

“He’s one of the neatest guys — and I’ve said this before — you can see why he’s so popular once you get to know him. He's got a good heart, and he’s a good person.”

“He’s real sensitive to how people feel, and that’s a really good trait for anyone to have. I’m very impressed with that. Most people would say, ‘I’m the most popular driver; I can do this or I can do that.’ It’s not that way at all. He respects all those guys and they respect him. It’s working out better than I ever thought it would. There are no regrets.”

************

I recently read somewhere that Rick was a little apprehensive about signing Junior because of some things he'd heard about him. Like sleeping late, being late for appointments, etc. Now that Rick has seen first hand that Junior isn't like that anymore, is one of the reasons he said 'no regrets'.

Well, somewhere between then and now our Junior has reached another stage of growing up. The first time was after his daddy died and he carried not only DEI on his shoulders, but most of the world too. The second time was when he realized he had to get out from under a very delusional owner's thumb.

He's on his way to proving he is his own man...finally!

5 comments:

Tiredawg said...

Very nice person indeed. No Jimmie Johnson head.

Anonymous said...

I think that he's much happier and it seemed to affect his entire look on life. I am so happy for him I could poop cans of Amp...err umm, maybe not THAT happy. Ha!

Cassandra said...

I've liked what he's said in interviews that Hendrick doesn't need him. He's so humble. I hope he has an awesome season!

Jim said...

I think he will be liking it here.
Besides, what's a little sleeping in now and then?
..

Anonymous said...

Awe. some. I love Dale Jr.