Saturday, February 16, 2008

I have a question...if a driver won his Championship while Winston was the NASCAR sponsor at the time, why aren't those drivers referred to as Winston Cup Champions? As in, Bill Elliott, Winston Cup Champion. Instead they were saying Nextel Cup Champion when Nextel became the NASCAR sponsor, and this year it will be the Sprint Cup Champion due to Sprint being the sponsor. And now Bill Elliott has become three different champions. It just makes no sense to me at all. And I really think it is very stupid.

But what is really stupid is the fact that this year they are all being referred to as Sprint Cup Champions, and we haven't even finished any races under the Sprint sponsorship. What's up with these people in NASCAR? I wish they would just refer to the drivers as the champion of their particular sponsor at the time they won the Championship. Is that so hard to do?

********************

And another thing that has me really ticked off is the latest thing Dale Earnhardt Sr's widow has done. (For the record, I refuse to acknowledge her by name; we all know who she is. And she has become quite the professional widow, hasn't she?)

What I'm referring to is the 10th Anniversary diecast of Dale Sr's 1998 Daytona 500 win using the CoT car! Why? He never saw that car, let alone drove it. What was wrong with honoring him with the car he actually drove to victory? What the hell is wrong with her? And why did Richard Childress go along with what she wanted? I don't think he cared for the idea until she talked him into it. And just where did she get that kind of power? Oh yeah, that's right...she did kick her step-son to the curb, so I guess she can do just about anything she wants.

Just for the record...I will never buy anything that puts money in that woman's pocket. Please, woman, let that poor man rest in peace already!

2 comments:

Tiredawg said...

although I like the look of the diecast, I am with you. How many more ways can they profit from Dales passing??? Next they will say he was a seven time Sprint Cup Champion, puke. They should just call them Cup champions. From they way NASCAR is going, it wouild be the easiest way to say it. Who knows what this series will be called next year or the year after that and so on.

TalkGeorge said...

Okay...I logged in!

I agree, the 1998 COT #3 doesn't make sense.

Vroom!