Thursday, February 14, 2008

Just Another Hurdle

All the Hendrick drivers had their engines changed "due to a lifter problem likely caused by a bad batch of coating." The rules state they must now start at the rear of the pack. I don't like it, but rules are rules.

Some drivers can get in a heap of trouble starting behind a lot of other drivers that must race their way into the Daytona 500 on Sunday. And those eager drivers will be hell bent for leather and will take more chances than they normally would. Add in the fact, too, that these CoT cars are in unfamiliar territory, having never raced at this track let alone in a field of 43 cars. The Budweiser Shootout had 23 drivers, and mostly top tier drivers at that.

I'm excited to see these duel races, finally, but not exactly eager to watch the possible carnage. With any luck at all, the Hendrick boys will escape any wrecks and help each other to the front where they can show their stuff. Ok, so I dilligently followed my driver over to the so-called "dark side" of Hendrick Motorsports. Big deal. I have been telling you all along that no matter where he went that I would follow. I don't care who he drives for, and to top it all off...I have become a follower of Casey, Jeff, and even Jimmie. And I'm not ashamed to admit it either.

Now, let's hope the Toyotas don't muddy up the show. I am also not ashamed to say that I do not like the idea of having Toyotas in NASCAR. Nope...just don't like the idea at all. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

Tiredawg said...

Happy Valentines Day Cheyenne.