Friday, February 01, 2008

Which Chowder Will It Be?



Manhattan clam chowder vs New England Clam Chowder aka The Big Game aka The Super Bowl.

Can you tell the difference between the two chowders? Here is how I separated them when I was in my teens: Manhattan clam chowder is red, therefore I associate it with the redskins that sold that island to the white man. And, no, I do not like that term redskins, but it is the only way I can explain this.

New England clam chowder is white, therefore I associate it with all the snow that falls in that area. Simple, huh?

For all intents and purposes, this year I am a Manhattan clam chowderhead. Since I was raised in New York (both Manhattan and Long Island) as a child, naturally I have become a Giants fan. But remember, I am a 49ers fan first, and I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Cowboys since I am a Terrell Owens fan and follow him wherever he goes. My being an Owens fan goes back to when he played for the 49ers.

I am hoping the Giants can pull this one out and win. I don't care if it's only by one point, as long as they win. For some reason, and it goes back years before Tom Brady and his Patriots, I have had a dislike for that team. I don't remember why, it just is. And every year they make it to the Super Bowl and go on to win just adds fuel to the fire. And it's starting to burn out of control...

14 comments:

Tiredawg said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chastity said...

I guess we're rooting for the Giants too. My husband has a strong dislike for Tom Brady b/c he beat one of Peyton Manning's records, and since my husband loves Manning like you love Dale Jr., you can see why he's for the Giants...not to mention that Eli Manning is their quarterback, and since he's in the same family as Peyton..my husband feels he has to have loyalty, lol.

Oscar T. Grouch said...

have you seen these billboards about junior. Sorry for posting a link but I do not have your email. LOL

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2479481

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg & Chas ~ Thanks for the support for the Giants.

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ I answered your question over at your blog.

RevJim said...

Dang I have missed so much. I get involved in other projects/sites, and forget to visit all my blog buddies. I'm getting old, I just wander off and get lost. Cheyenne, this is one of my favorite stops, I just been busy enough that I don't know
So what is this superbowl thing? Is that something about bowling?

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Thanks Cheyenne, love having you stop by. I can get it about the step mom, and bringing #24, and #48 into it, and his own number but why Tony? He isn't involved with that team at all. Funny though.

Jim said...

We will root for the Giants also, edict of Mrs. Jim. She is an Eli Manning fan.
That's OK with me because New England is a perennial champ.
I do like Tom Brady though, he is a thinking quarterback.

Our kids here wear flip-flops but I suppose it is too cold up there in your winters. Those slippers are hard to keep clean looking aren't they?
I have blue jeans and flip-flops on right now. I've worn flip-flops and jeans since I was a teenager.
..

Lucy Stern said...

New England Clam Chowder for me. I'm not a football fan but we will watch the super bowl and cheer for both teams. Want to talk baseball, that's my sport. Spring training is around the corner.

Cheyenne said...

revjim ~ You're kidding, right? About the Super Bowl?

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ the Texas track owner chose those 4 because he feels they are the top 4 in NASCAR racing. Tony is the only one he asked first and of course, Tony loved the idea.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ We are all happy Giants fans now that they won.

Cheyenne said...

lucy stern ~ thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.
Baseball will be here before you not it. I'm a Mets fan BTW.

RevJim said...

Yes I'm kidding, but football really would be more interesting to me if the players weighed about 3000 lbs more and went 160 mph faster.
I caught the last quarter--the important part. It really was a good game, and I'm glad I caught it, because it looks like a historical outcome. Now it's time for racin'!