Also, until this morning, I was about half way done with my middle bedroom (storage room actually), so I tightened up in there and took everything for charity and put it all in the storage room too. When I was finished there wasn't much room to spare.
So, what I am getting at here, is the fact that although I wasn't planning on having a tree, my Christianity reared its head and said "Girl...you better make room for a tree." And so I did.
Now, let's get to the 'meat' of this post. I am getting a tad perturbed about these people/groups that want to do away with the word Christmas, as in Merry Christmas or Christmas tree, and want to replace it with the word 'holiday.' Get real!
PEOPLE...give me a break here. If you don't like it, go back where you came from! It has been with us for generations and, frankly, I am getting pissed off that anyone is even thinking about changing it. Or doing away with it altogether. And if you're an atheist, big deal. Go worship a rock, but don't tell me what to do.
Why? Why is anyone messing with our traditions? I don't tell them how to live, so don't change my life. Who pissed in their Wheaties anyway? No one is telling them how to celebrate, or not celebrate at all. If they don't like what they see in a particular store (I believe it was Walmart that someone complained about), for cripes' sake shop elsewhere!
At this time of the year Christmas is everywhere. Live with it. There are many, many people out there who would give their right arm just to be able to celebrate it. Like the homeless people, etc.
Hey, there are a lot of things in this world that I don't like, but I close my eyes to them and go on about my business. My gosh, why must people make mountains out of molehills? This is just about the dumbest, most stupid thing I have heard or read about.
I just hate it when others want to take something away because they think their idea is better. That's just plain bull sh*t!
Remember MMO'H? I refuse to type her whole name out, but her last name rhymes with Oh Cher. Remember what she tried to do? And look what happened to her.
Even Scrooge came to his senses.

2 comments:
There was a letter to the editor in our local paper from the Walmart manager here. He said that they answer the phone with "Happy Holidays" so they won't offend anyone. He said that the rumor that employees were not allowed to say Merry Christmas was not true. He said they could say whatever they wanted to.
I agree with you. They want to take God out of everything. They have already taken him out of too much. It's even hard to find Christmas cards these days with Merry Christmas and the manager scene on it, or anything about Christ. I made sure that I found the ones that did this year!
Good post girl!
Rachel:
Thanks! I have many gripes at my age, but this has got to be my most passionate one yet. I will not let anyone take away from me what is rightfully mine.
Post a Comment