Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Something to "Rave" About




If you have one of these movie complexes in your neighborhood and you haven't visited yet, I highly suggest that you do so.

It all started when I entered a contest to win tickets to preview night. This particular complex (a first for our area), is located in the Promenade Shops of Saucon Valley. I did a post on that little city/shopping complex awhile back.

I received my tickets in the mail the first week of December. Preview night was the 14th, with their grand opening the 15th. Not only were we treated to a free recently-played movie, but everyone got a free bag of popcorn and soda of their choice. Both of those items in my book would be considered large; they called them small.

Because there are 16 theaters within the complex, we had our choice of 16 movies. Not an easy decision to make since we had no idea what the movies were going to be prior to visiting. We had already seen Pirates of the Caribbean and Cars so those were immediatley ruled out. Mission Impossible III? Heard too many things about that one that weren't good. Over The Hedge (animated) and You, Me and Depree were possibilities. Then there was The Breakup starring Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. Well, they had already broken up so I certainly didn't want to see that.

And then my eyes honed in on a movie that was right up my alley; one that I had wanted to see when it was released but the ads on TV saturated it right out of my mind. Back then I decided I would wait a few months before seeing it because to be honest with you, I was sick and tired of the ads all over the place. What movie am I talking about? How about Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby?

We both agreed it was the movie we were going to see in the comfort of this new theater. The rows of seats are four feet apart (rather than the standard three feet), with rocker-type headrests. Digital film (actually DLP) with surround sound. Just hearing those cars go around the track in surround sound was worth the price of the tickets. Oh wait, it was free.

They charge a tad more than your average theater (not much more), but with all those amenities it is worth going to RAVE. You will rave about it for days. I'm still on a high.

3 comments:

Tiredawg said...

Before you loose your "high", how was the flick???

Rachel said...

Not one in our area but it sounds great!!

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ Don't waste your money; you saw all the good parts during this past summer's races when they showed the ads.