Monday, December 04, 2006

This Is What I Promised To Reveal

Once upon a time there was a trucking company that started operating in a not-so-deep southern state. It started small but as it kept opening new terminals up and down the East Coast, it grew by leaps and bounds. The man who started this company was the type that mixed it up with his employees, as did his son who followed in his footsteps. Along came the grandson who was fairly decent until he became corrupted by those around him. Unlike his father and grandfather before him, he distanced himself from the employees.

Eventually this trucking company took on what they called partners. By doing that they were able to cover practically all of the United States, including Hawaii and Puerto Rico. (And I believe that was their first mistake.)

The trucking company that operated in the West was then bought by the little upstart company, and those employees were then thrown into the mix. Another mistake. It didn't take long for those people on the West Coast to realize they were being screwed by their new owner. Talks of getting a Union surfaced and before long at least two of those western terminals got as far as voting for one. So after all their bragging, both those terminals voted the Union down. Why? What happened?

...and now for the rest of the story:

When there was talk of Unions on the West Coast, the grandson sent some of his henchmen out to those two terminals and harassed the employees. They threatened to close both terminals down. When that didn't stop the employees, they then pulled each and every one of them into an office and berated, coerced and threatened them. I don't know how they got away with it, but they did. So much so that those gung-ho-for-a-Union employees backed down. And with their tails between their legs, they voted against the Union. How sad. They didn't stand a chance.

Now I don't know about you all but to me those were terroristic attacks and I honestly did not believe tactics like that still go on in this country. Boy, was I naive. Apparently we are not civilized yet.

I worked for that company 13 years and I truly loved my job. I worked for three different terminal managers along with one interim manager. When the one that is there now arrived he was a 29-year-old-still-wet-behind-the-ears upstart who was and still is so smug that I just wanted to walk right up to him and give him an attitude adjustment. I am not a hateful person but honestly, that guy pushed me to the limit. It was because of him that I began to hate my job even though I wasn't doing anything different. Until he decided otherwise, with the help of his boss, and I was tossed for insubordination. But before I was tossed I had seen the writing on the wall and I had been cleaning up my work area and taking all personal items home, so that on the day of infamy I was ready and all I had to do was collect my purse and walk the hell out of there.

It took me a full year to let go and realize they'd done me a favor albeit a small one. I think had I not been let go I would have done one of two things: I'd have gotten so fed up that I would have quit on my own, or I would've turned on that bastard, and I have no qualms about calling him that because that's exactly what he is. Why people like him are allowed to breed is beyond me, let alone why he was created in the first place. (He is still a bachelor and I don't have to wonder why.)

As far as the company goes now, there are all kinds of rumors flying. And I honestly believe the bottom will fall out before long. One of those rumors is that they are looking for a buyer...again. No one wanted them and all their baggage the first time. It's a shame the good people that still work there (and there are a few left), don't see the writing on the wall too and bail.

I have wiped my hands of them as has my husband. Yeah, they tossed him too for a dumb stupid reason. It had to do with Starbucks if you'll remember my post of a few weeks ago. Now all we can do is wait for them to choke on their own stupidity. And we will have the last laugh after all.

AMAZINGLY ENOUGH, I DON'T GIVE A SH*T!

12 comments:

Tiredawg said...

WORD!!! I have changed a few of that companies tires before. Lousy bastards, pissing Cheyenne off like that. Next time I will charge them triple.

Cliff said...

I'll send my Unca Bubba out to knock some sense into them.
Well I hope you get your wish.

Rachel said...

I never heard of them. It's a shame that they treated their employees like that. What comes around goes around! You very well may get your wish!!

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ Don't charge them triple, just don't do the job. No, I guess you can't do that. So charge them quadruple. Yeah, that's the ticket..

Cheyenne said...

Cliff ~ Hey, that's a good idea.

Cheyenne said...

Rachel ~ They have terminals in KY. Maybe now that you hve seen them on my site you will recognize them on the highway. The co. they bought is G.I. Trucking.

1 plus twins said...

never heard of them, sorry they have you and hubby so upset. sorry i haven't been around but i have been working like a crazy person!!

Cheyenne said...

1 PLUS TWINS ~ THE CO. OUT WEST WHERE YOU LIVE IS G.I. TRUCKING, NOW KNOWN AS ESTES WEST. NONE OF THOSE EMPLOYEES ARE HAPPY CAMPERS.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Lynn from takeoutMarketing. We're promoting Dale Earnhardt Jr's new DVD 'Back in the Day.' John Lavallo will be sending you more detailed information in the coming days, along with a clip and some other information. To get the ball rolling, we'd love to send you a review copy of the DVD! Just shoot us an email with your name and full contact information and we'll get it out to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Lynn


Lynn A. Maliszewski

takeoutMARKETING
p: 212.871.0714 x 16
f: 212.871.0833

MusicSportsLifestyleEntertainment
www.takeoutMARKETING.com

Jim said...

Hey, it's Jim from bring-in-Marketing. We're promoting ESTES trucking shirts. How many could we sign you up for?
..
This is not SPAM
..

Rachel said...

LOL at Jim!!! I'll bet she don't want any of those shirts Jim. You'll just have to keep them all!! HAHA

Cheyenne said...

Jim & Rachel ~ Oddly enough we have shirts, hats, jackets all with that dreaded name on. I am giving most away, some I burned, others I turned inside out and some I used magic marker to black out the name. So no thanks, I have enough garbage from them...