Monday, January 15, 2007

My Little Indians At Play




In the first picture you can see what we call a fuzzball. It's on the floor between Junior's hind feet. They have four of them, but it's that little lighter colored one that they both want at the same time. Dakota usually waits patiently for Junior to get done with it and then she makes her sneak attack and carries it away while he's not looking.

In the second picture it is in Junior's mouth. They bat that thing around and poke and push it in places you wouldn't even think. Sometimes it gets wedged too far, and to watch Junior extend his arm and keep trying to fish it out is comical. They keep me entertained.

Their newest adventure with the fuzzballs is the game of "catch." They will actually bring it back, drop it and wait for it to go sailing again. Time after time. Junior likes the game much more than Dakota because she gets bored quickly.

Since I wrote this a few days ago, three of the fuzzballs got lost in the opening at the bottom of the kitchen cabinets just above the floor. We tried everything to retrieve them to no avail. This particular cabinet has a fixed bottom floor (no drawers) and it is impossible to get them out.

There is only one store in our area that sells them and when we went to purchase them Sunday all we could find was one. It will have to do until we can find more, but we did ask them to add them to their order sheet. My kittens will be most appreciative.

11 comments:

Jim said...

Try a leaf blower on those fuzz balls.
Leaf blowers can really simplify your cleaning too. No more sweeping.
If you don't have a leaf blower, the vacuum bleaner hose will catch them.
..
Our house likes your Scripture for this Sunday. Thanks.
..

Cheyenne said...

I suggested the vacuum cleaner but my husband said it can't bend to get up and in. It is a very narrow opening that even our hands won't bend to conform. And we don't have a leaf blower. Maybe I should blow some of my hot air and see what happens. lol

TalkGeorge said...

Cats...wo/man's best friend!

1 plus twins said...

oh too cute. what we won't buy for our pets so they can amuse us. lol

Rachel said...

Adorable! I love to watch cats play!!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

bet you never thought you would be special ordering for you cats eh?

So cute

Oscar T. Grouch said...

what about one of the flexible grabber claws that men use for fishing small items out of a motor when dropped. Don't know if there is a more technical name for them or not.

Cassandra said...

They are so cute! I used to buy toy mice in mass. I found a bunch of them under the oven, but I suspect there are more under the fridge. I'm not moving the fridge to find out!

Tiredawg said...

One qustion, does the fuzz know his balls are lost???

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ That won't work, we tried it. You can't see where these fuzzballs are and you can't feel them either.

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ I can always count on you to make me laugh. And a hearty one at that.