Thursday, March 04, 2010

Still Here

This weather has a hold on me. I am taking it one day at a time though because with each passing day, it makes it that much closer to nicer weather. Our weather forecast for the weekend is 53. My goodness, I won't know how to act.

I was just sitting here a bit ago thinking about how Dale Jr.'s season is going thus far and I just don't know what to think or say about it. He qualified second in the Daytona 500 and that is where he finished. His next race was a disaster and I don't want to talk about it, so I won't. That's what's nice about having a blog...you get to say what you want. Anyway, his third race this past weekend seemed to be another struggle not only for him but his team as well. He qualified fourth and finished 16th. That finish brought him up one notch in the points. He now sits in 15th place just 18 points out of the Chase. The top 12 drivers are considered to be in the Chase but not until the 26th race of the season. A lot can happen until then and one of the most promising things to happen will be when they replace that dreaded wing on the back of the car with the spoiler we all know and love. They are saying the replacement will take place the end of March which would be the Martinsville race. I am looking forward to that race.

Punkin' still hasn't settled down much. He'll be seven months old next week. He sure doesn't let any grass grow under his feet. And I wouldn't want him any other way, he's just too cute all the time.

I have an appointment later today to see my chiropractor so that he can take a look at my X-rays and fill me in on what I can do to make life a little easier and less painful. On my end, I have started a 30 minute daily routine on a recumbent bike, a cardio glider, leg presses on the weight bench, plus I power walk laps in the basement where all our equipment is. I am hoping my regimen will be twofold: stronger muscles and lose weight.

And every time I look at those hyacinths below I can literally smell them. Can't you?


2 comments:

Jim said...

I do hope this is a better year for Dale Jr. He is a nice guy and a good driver.
Too nice, too conservative a driver? He didn't grow up driving the Houston Freeways! We are # 8 in aggressiveness. Dallas is # 2.

I do hope your pain can be managed better. Have you seen an orthopedic or neuro-type doctor? My grandmother only went to a chiropractor. He didn't catch her leukemia.
Got to watch out for ol' moi there!
..
The redbuds are blooming here now. Spring is just around the corner, I'm peeking there.
..

Nonnie said...

This winter has been a beast. I'm looking forward to those warmer temps as well!