So far this has been a very slow week for me. I am so out of synch it's not even funny. You see, my husband is home on vacation. So that means my routine has been upset big time. Take today for instance. We slept late, did absolutely nothing all day, napped this afternoon ~ and that is something that I never do ~ we had leftovers for dinner and then watched TV till he fell asleep. At 11 PM I shut the TV off and here I am, finally.
During the week when he is at work and I have the whole day to myself, I am usually on the computer off and on during the day. But this week I am only able to get on late at night. So y'all just have to bear with me until next week when I get my butt back in gear.
Tomorrow we're going for breakfast but I have no idea what will happen after that. We had spoken about going to the casino in Atlantic City one day this week but I don't see that happening. Tuesday we went to Kmart and I found a lot of Dale Jr ornaments at half price. I am getting to the point of almost having an all Dale Jr Christmas tree. I do know one thing: I will be getting rid of a lot of decorations as soon as it gets warm enough to burn them.
There are only 45 days left until the Budweiser Shootout on February 11th. Bring it on baby, I can hardly wait. I hope 2006 will be a better year for both myself and for Dale Jr.
4 comments:
Think what would happen if he were to retire. Mrs. Jim retired two years before I did. When I retired her whole routine changed. Forever.
When my husband got sick, he got to stay home, with me. Don't get me wrong, but we don't do a whole lot seperately anymore. So, it is a treat when he has to do something without me. I love him, and want his recovery to be smooth. I will miss him terribly when he goes back to work, it will be another adjustment. But isn't that what life is all about? Adjustments? Change?
It's different when things mess with our routines isn't it? Just enjoy the time together this week. It will pass quickly.
Are you going to burn any of those Dale Jr ornaments? Is he the one whose father got killed in a crash or am I thinking of another? As you can see I don't do the NASCAR thing. I know that it is VERY (understatement) popular. My nephew collects all things to do with one of the Labonny (??) guys. (The one that drove with Kellogg ads on his car.) He has a whole room of nothing but stuff with collectables of that one guy! Then on Sunday at my other nephew's house they watch NASCAR, and my husband's brother is a huge fan and he doesn't want ANYTHING to interfer with his NASCAR Sunday afternoon watching!
Jim: Yeah I know once he retires things will change forever. That's why I am trying to hold onto what I have now.
Miki: We never did anything separate. We have always been joined at the hip. I enjoy that.
Rachel: No I would never burn anything to do with Dale Jr. I am talking about the stuff in the basement that hasn't been used for ages. A lot of the decorations are plastic. You mean Terry LaBonte, the Kelloggs driver. Your husband's brother is like me ~ absolutely NOTHING comes between me and my Nascar races!
Just Help Me: Yes, routines are nice. Very comfy after awhile. Thanks for leaving a message on my blog. I read you every day as I do all the others above.
Post a Comment