Thursday, December 22, 2005

Dear Santa:

I think I've been a good girl (for the most part) so I am sending you my wish list.

1) Win the lottery

2) 2006 Ford pickup truck

3) 2006 red Mustang convertible

4) My house to be cleaned professionally top to bottom

5) An RV to follow the Nascar circuit

6) Meet Dale Jr and spend a day (or a week) with him

Sorry Santa, I got a little carried away. Those wishes could take place in a perfect world. Something none of us have. So let's be a little more realistic. Here are my real thoughts on each of my wishes:

1) A lot of people who win lotteries don't/can't control their spending. And a lot of them fall on bad luck and end up having all kinds of problems, even where money is not concerned.

2) This may be a reality. We do need another truck. The '97 F150 Ford gets 275 miles put on it in one week and that's just back and forth to work.

3) Actually we were going to buy an '06 Mustang (and keep my '97), but that was before I lost my job.

4) As far as cleaning my house, I either do it myself or it doesn't get done at all.

5) Another dream gone up in smoke.

6 Ha! Ha! ~ who the hell am I kidding?

Anyway, if we don't have dreams like these, what point is there to living? Without dreams there's no purpose to life. Theologists will tell you differently. I'm talking about the average person here. And I am as average as one can get. So I will just keep on dreaming...for now anyway.
Santa's Cookies





5 comments:

Leesa said...

We should all dream! Great post :)

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Miki said...

isn't that what Santa is all about???? wishing for the impossible? I remember asking Santa for things that I knew in my heart that I would never get, but it was the whole Santa thing! Keep dreaming, it is what makes us human, and keeps us grounded in reality.

Jim said...

Cheyenne, you're doing good with the list. Don't get too realistic now.

Santa Claus said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Dream and BELIEVE.

Love,
Santa