Thursday, December 15, 2005

Oh Crap and Other Ramblings


It has just started to snow. Our winter warning is in effect until noon tomorrow (Friday). Happy happy joy joy!

We are supposed to get 1-3" of snow, changing to a wintry mix of snow and sleet, then freezing rain with a possibility of all rain before ending by noon tomorrow.

I am not complaining. I don't have to go anywhere. I can stay snug as a bug inside my cozy home. Except to feed the stray cats. I've been going outside more than the normal two times because their water and food keeps freezing. I am more than happy to accomodate the little guys.

***************

Do things this Christmas season because you enjoy doing them, and not because it is expected of you. Learn to say no and mean it.

Always remember, miracles are all about you every day, no matter what is going on in your little corner of the world.

I am a powerful believer in prayer, and I am not ashamed to say that I use it every day.

No matter who you worship, it's better than being an atheist.

If it takes a lot to make you happy, then your expectations are way too high.

Sometimes happiness can be found in the most unexpected ways. For me, I'm happy when I watch the cats playing in the snow, and I am especially happy that they are all still with us.

These are my humble thoughts that I just wanted to share with y'all.



3 comments:

Leesa said...

I keep having to replace the outside kitties water too. Thank goodness for heated bird baths!
Love the quotes too :)

Cheyenne said...

No quotes...
these are all from my heart.

Rachel said...

Still no snow for us but that's okay! That sleet and ice is much worse than snow, so be careful if you do end up deciding to go somewhere.

I'm sure the cats are very appreciative of you!

The reminders about Christmas and prayer are so true.