Thursday, September 21, 2006

Another Hang 'Em High Story


I had a post a few weeks ago about someone who opened a farm enclosure and let 20 steers run all over creation. Only 13 survived if I remember correctly. It happened locally, as did the following story.

Well, before that happened, another group of young males did something so horrific that I couldn't even set my pen to paper for a rough draft, let alone a final post. But because an animal rights group was so incensed by how the boys got away with murder, it surfaced in today's newspaper again. I, for one, am so glad that the whole issue isn't being shoved into the background only to be forever forgotten. Things of this nature should never be overlooked.

The five teenaged boys (15-18 years old) got off easy. They were charged with criminal trespass and only had to pay $425.00 in fines and court costs. A mere slap on the wrist.

What did they do?

First they broke onto private property. Then they attacked four baby goats that were in a pasture. Using a baseball bat, they beat those baby goats. All of them either died that same day or a few days later as a result of those attacks.

The owners of the farm have moved to another state. They are also pursuing a civil lawsuit against each of the boys' parents. And I say good for them, take it to the Supreme Court if they have to.

If it was baby goats five months ago, what will it be next? Someone's child? Any young person who commits such heinous acts on any animal will eventually grow up to be a wife beater, a child beater or will commit murder. They are nothing but bullies and it makes me wonder what their home life was like.

Just give me a few hours with them and we'd see justice done. An eye for an eye...

8 comments:

Tiredawg said...

After reading your post just made me want to come up there and teach those young children a NY city lesson.

I am rooting for your Mets all the way!!! Seriously I am. Until they meet up against my boys in pinstripes. Subway series in 5, Yanks winning of course. LOL LOL LOL Go Pedro!!!

Peruby said...

Even after you warned me to expect something horrible, my mouth still dropped open and I gasped. Now, I am going to go sit in a corner, hold my hands over my ears and rock back and forth.

Anonymous said...

You won the caption contest from last week. I've been so busy that I forgot to announce it.

Email me with your address so I can send your prize. :)

1 plus twins said...

are you kidding me?? how horrible. i can't believe someone would do that. i can't believe that was all the punishment they got. that is just horrible!!

Jim said...

That isn't hardly punishment at all for what they did. I suppose it was a little fine, court costs, and the value of the baby goats (say, at a farm animal auction price).
They should have had a LOT of public service to include caring for animals. Also a manadatory animal education class.
You are correct in wondering what lies in the future for those boys.
..

Cheyenne said...

Yes folks, that is all they received. A mere slap on the wrist. Most other charges were thrown out. The one that wielded the bat got off scot free. I don't know who paid who off in this deal, but certainly someone did. In yesterday's paper was a photo of an animal rights group protesting. Honestly, if kids have no respect for animals how the hell are they gonna respect anything else? And they need more than community service which, by the way, they did not receive. It just irritates me to no end how people raise their kids these days.

Rachel said...

Oh, that is so horrible Cheyenne. How sad for those poor little goats. I think your title is right. Hang 'Em High!! I totally agree with you about their futures. So scary. I hope those farm owners win their cases too. Too bad that people can pay their way out of things like this and get just a slap on the wrist. Sick people.

Tiredawg said...

Yankees have the best record now!!! Thought you would want to know.