As most of you know, I've been a Mets fan for as long as they've been around, and I have been nervously watching them ever since they literally "took off" at the beginning of the season, all the while holding my breath and hoping they'd get as far as they have. And they did. On April 6th they took over the lead in their division and never relinquished it. As of this past Monday, they are the first team to clinch a division title, that of NL East. And...it's their first title since 1988.They tried clinching the title three games ago, but the Pittsburgh Pirates were just too tenacious and denied them of any wins. And so it was the Florida Marlins that gave them the win for the title. By doing that, the Mets ended the Atlanta Braves' reign as king of the NL East. The Braves had won 14 straight division titles, including 11 in a row after they were moved over to the NL East Division.
I wish Mike Piazza were still on the team. And I miss Bobby Valentine, too. He was their colorful manager a few seasons back. But this is a new team, it's a new day, so let's hope they indeed do go..all..the..way!Pardon me now while I go do another happy dance...
I just had to work that Bud in somehow:
9 comments:
Your Mets might have their division. Just remember the Yamks, are well expieienced in being Champions. LOL LOL LOL Hey Pedro..."Who's your Daddy"???(loudly Pedro replys, Hey Damon where's your hair?)Good luck to the boys from Queens. I AM from Flushing you know??? Still would take A-train twenty minute to see the boys in pinstripes before I would walk under the L.I.E. to see the Mets. Not that I grew up there or anything.
Hey, cheyanne, congrats from this Long Islander. I hope that the Mets go all the way, but remember, the Yankees are MY team, and well, if they don't do it, then the Mets are my hopeful, if they both go all the way, then it will be a win win situation for NY.
Hey, cheyanne, congrats from this Long Islander. I hope that the Mets go all the way, but remember, the Yankees are MY team, and well, if they don't do it, then the Mets are my hopeful, if they both go all the way, then it will be a win win situation for NY.
Dawg ~ Hey, now.
Miki ~ I have never liked the Yankees. Guess it's the name. Like don't ever call me a Yankee even though I was born and raised here. Or maybe it's that Derek Jeter ~ the smug one. LOL.
I like the Mets too. Especially if the Houston Astros are having a bad year.
Congratulations, Mets, for an excellent year.
..
Subway Series, Yankees in five. Gotta give the boys in Queens one. Even I know that a full blown sweep won't happen. Remember '04??? LOL LOL LOL God I hate the Red Sox!!!
Jim ~ glad to hear you like the Mets too. I've never been a fan of any other ball club. It's always been the Mets. True blue fan.
Dawg ~ Might I remind you that this isn't the same team as '04? And what makes you think the Yankees will even get that far? lol lol
Post a Comment