Thursday, September 14, 2006

My Husband's Opinions

My husband and I were having a discussion the other night about who the Chase contenders are for the NASCAR Nextel Cup. When I mentioned each name, he made the following comments:

MATT KENSETH ~ He's a good driver but he's just too consistent, although that's how he won his first championship. And that's one of the reasons I'm not in his corner this year.

JIMMIE JOHNSON ~ He's too much of a whiner and a blamer and he would be absolutely nowhere were it not for his crew chief, Chad Knaus. Besides, he's a Hendrick driver.

KEVIN HARVICK ~ I always liked Kevin and I love the way he drives. If he wins the Busch and the Cup championships it would be OK with me.

KYLE BUSCH ~ He drives for Hendrick so I'll say no more, except that I hate the way he 'talks' with his eyes.

DENNY HAMLIN ~ I'm not so sure a rookie should be in the Chase. He hasn't been around long enough to merit it. Have you ever noticed how he pronounces his Js? Just sounds like chust. Are you sure he's from Virginia and not around here?

DALE EARNHARDT JR ~ Well, I can't say enough about him. I always was and still am a fan of his father. He may not drive aggressively like his father did, but he gets the job done when it needs to be done. Do I think he deserves to win this year? Of course, I do.

MARK MARTIN ~ Sh*t or get off the pot already with the retirement stuff. I don't think he has a chance to win it.

JEFF BURTON ~ I like to listen to him and I like the way he handles himself in the spotlight, but I think he, too, will fade toward the end.

JEFF GORDON ~ Can we just move on to the next name? Well, he's a Hendrick driver, isn't he? Need I say anymore?

KASEY KAHNE ~ He's a good kid and he has five wins but even that almost wasn't good enough to get him into the Chase. I like the fact that he earned his way in though.

Well there you have it. I know everyone has their own ideas and opinions as to whom they'd like to see win the championship.

Remember, these are my husband's opinions, so don't shoot the messenger.

11 comments:

Tanning Lotion said...

I agree Jimmy Johnson=pretty boy whiner.

Dale Jr.=Not as good as the old man, but love his attitude.

J. Gordon=Great driver, but missing something (maybe it is a drawl)

Denny Hamlin=Can drive for a rookie

Kyle Busch=Kurt's little brother and that is reason enough to hate him.

Harvick-Sure can drive

Jim said...

I'll have one shot for the messenger. He doesn't dare cross you on Jr.
Jr. is ok with me, Jeff Gordon comes across pretty good on the Letterman show.
Best driver? It depends on the day and the car for most. (my opinion)
..

Tiredawg said...

Hubby is pretty dead on. I likes the way yo man thinks. My pick who else??? Happy then June. This IS Harvick's year to shine,(bout damn time).

Cassandra said...

I take it the hubby doesn't like Hendrick drivers. Just a guess...

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Just curious, why so against Hendricks?

Since Tony did not make it, I am actually going for Jeff Burton. But it would not hurt me at all to see Mark take it.

Cheyenne said...

Tanning Lotion ~ thanks for visiting. Appreciate your thoughts. All good ones, too.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ No, he knows better. Besides he's a huge Dale Earnhardt fan, and so the son is part of the package.

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ yes he is, isn't he? Maybe because he hears me saying a lot of what he said so much. My mouth is always yapping about NASCAR and me thinks it sank in here and there. But then again, we are joined at the hip...
My top 3? Junior, Harvick, Kahne

Cheyenne said...

Jane ~ nope, just like me. It's their boss we don't like. Mr. bigshot-cheater-I-can-get-away-with-anything-and-so-can-my-drivers.

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ See my answer to Jane above about Hendrick.
Burton? OK
Mark? Nah
Tony? Sure will miss him, but he'll be trying to get wins now so we won't see the last of him.

4ever3 said...

I think he pretty much hit the nail on the head, but if Martin did win I wouldn't mind so much even though I'm not a Roush fan. Although I do like how Jack handled Kurt last year, I really respect him for that.