Sunday, September 10, 2006

Relief


Boy, am I glad that is over with...what a night of white knuckles, a small headache, an upset stomach ~ you name it, I had it. Why? Maybe you can say I was just a tad worried about my boy making the Chase. But he did it. And he did it the hard way. A huge brake problem. And when it was all over he said he was glad and that he was exhausted. God bless him; he drove his little heart out and now he is in the Chase.

So whatever happens in the next ten races doesn't matter for me. All I wanted was for him to make the Chase. I get so tired of the media ragging about how he missed it last year. That gets a little old after awhile. Now maybe they will lay off of him and let him do his job and race to his heart's content.

I was a little sorry about Tony "Smoke" Stewart not making it, but like they said someone had to be sacrificed. But, hey, Kasey Kahne drove himself into the Chase. So he earned that spot.

Congratulations, Dale Jr., for your sixth place in the points and for making the Chase. On to bigger and better things. Good luck for the remainder of the season.

2 comments:

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Somehow I wonder if the actual chase is going to be as exciting and gutwrenching as the last race in the chase for the race.

Cheyenne said...

Well, depending on all the drama that unfolds with each race, it might get gutwrenching. And then again it may not. We might have 9 boring races and 1 that gets crazy or we may have 10 crazy races; it's all up to what the guys do that aren't in the chase, they have nothing to lose now. 'Course Tony will be trying to hang on to that 11th spot, so that should get a little crazy too.