Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It Used To Be Easy

I used to be able to post my photos directly from my ZoomBrowser site where they are all stored. But something happened recently and I can only bring other images to my blog. I can no longer bring my personal downloaded photos from my camera. For two weeks I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I can no longer pull them out and upload to this blog.

I set up a Photobucket site last August but I never did anything with it. Today I did. I added one photo and had to copy the URL and then paste here. It can be done, but it takes me longer and is more complicated than before.

So here is the picture I experimented with. It is both kittens cuddled together in my dryer after it had cooled down somewhat. I was there all the while they were in there (folding my laundry). I am very careful when I am doing laundry to make sure they aren't in before operating the dryer or the washer.



Now I have to figure out how to bring more than one photo at a time. Life is so interesting at times. Instead of getting easier, it just gets more complicated.

8 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Stephen ~ I am but a simple person with simple knowledge and am nowhere near computer savvy. I make do with what I have and try to do the best I can with that...so for now Photobucket will work for me.

Rachel said...

I am not computer savvy either, so I can't help. I'm so glad you were watching the kittens as they snoozed in the dryer!

Peruby said...

Sounds like a problem I had last year. My notes are sketchy. I wrote down in your Browser's Tools and/or Options:

Choose Edit, Advanced Java Script Options, Allow scripts to change images.

And:

In Mozilla I saw where there was an option for Web Features, I have a check mark in Load Images, and no check mark in "for originating web site only".

Good Luck.

Jim said...

I had these kind of problems too.

Now they are solved. I started using the free Picasa, version 2 is out now. And it publishes fast.

All my pictures show up there on Picasa automatically.

I pick the photo I want to use, double click it, and if I still like it, click the oranage B BlogThis! button.

It shows up next on a new Blogger Create page in the Picasa window. I can select which blog it is to be on, it will be the blog I used last initially.

If it is the blog I want and I only want just one page, I go ahead and finish the blog out.

If I want more than one picture I put it on JIM'S LITTLE PHOTO HOLDER blog [jimmiehov6.blogspot.com].

After I get them all on and published on the HOLDING blog, I edit them, click HTML, copy what is there inclucing the picture (or the picture only if that is all I want), and paste it in another Web page where I am building the blog I want on JIM'S LITTLE BLOG.

When I get them all on, I publish my blog.

You can go to
http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/
to see the ones on my holding place blog.
..
I think I could have made the HOLDING blog private if I hadn't wanted people to see them.
Not many visit there though.
..

Tiredawg said...

Domino likes to snuggle in the dryer too. No forgettin about his 65 pound rump in the dryer. I have pics. I will have to locate them. Have a gr8 day. Peace, Dawg

Ralph said...

Just remember what I was told in the 5th grade. Computers will free up so much of our time we will only have to work 20 hours a week and our biggest worry will be how to spend our free time. I don't know about you but I spent all my free time trying to keep this freakin' computer going and updated.
Ralph

Cheyenne said...

Ralph ~ Yes, you hit it on the head. It seems I am forever researching something or other to fix a problem or downloading a "fix" and it's enough to drive me nuts. But I just keep on plugging away because I sure would be lost without it.

Cassandra said...

Now that is the cutest picture!!!

http://imageshack.us/ is what I use for my sidebar pics.