Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Unreachable Buffet

Dakota Sioux and Junior had a mouth-watering time today watching all these birds from their new Catnapper perch. And after those birds left, they were treated to blue jays and cardinals in the tree to the left.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And what is this? SNOW! Finally, I was able to witness it actually falling from the sky. I was so excited to be able to finally see snow. And guess what? More is on its way for Thursday and Friday. Yipee! This picture was taken from inside looking back toward our huge garage that looks like a barn. You can barely make it out, but it is there. My husband built that garage by himself with a little help from me. And I mean just us. No one else helped. That is where our vintage Mustangs are housed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And this picture was taken at the height of the snowfall. Those are fake ivy plants. I kept them there just to make people wonder how I am able to grow ivy in the winter time. Conversation pieces, ya know?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

13 comments:

Tiredawg said...

So how do you keep the ivy from freezing???

TalkGeorge said...

If you had a cat named "Stewart"...would it be a fat cat?

Jim said...

Hi Cheyenne -- Your cats at the window picture is pricless!
We the have birds but no cats. So I let Adi out to stir them up, she loves to watch them all take off.
..
Oh yes, I'm glad you did a Barbaro post. I probably should have but you did him up right/write.
Thanks, Mrs. Jim almost shed a tear also over him.
..

Oscar T. Grouch said...

I have never seen flocks of birds like that, what makes them do that?

The snow pics are all too familiar to me. You can have it.

Do you happen to have a blue mach 1 in there, my favorite.

Ralph said...

I hopw you got the snow we are expecting tonight. Nivce Ivy.
Ralph

Peruby said...

That's a lot of birds! I'll have to look into getting my cats a perch.

The ivy looks like it has snow on it, so that will really make them wonder even more.

I drove a blue Mach I. At the time, I was 16 and it was a lot of car for me. Probably too much! It shook the house windows when it was idling.

Cheyenne said...

Tiredawg ~ How do I keep the ivy from freezing? I go out and blow hot air on them every hour.

Cheyenne said...

gvav1 ~ I don't know. I would never name a cat Stewart. I like Tony but the name's a bit much for me.

Cheyenne said...

Jim ~ thanks for the kind words.

Cheyenne said...

Oscar ~ we have flocks of birds like that a lot around here. They like to congregate in our lot next door for some reason.
We have a Mach 1 but it's in primer.

Cheyenne said...

Ralph ~ we are expecting more sometime Thursday afternoon into Friday morning but not much accumulation: 1-2" only.

Cheyenne said...

Peruby ~ that cat perch is the best thing wer ever did for the kittens. They absolutely love it. Dakota spends the most time on it because that is where she naps.
The fake ivy is green with white edging. There are actually 3 plants hanging on the porch.

Cassandra said...

I love that picture of the kitties! Hours of entertainment for them.