I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Daily Smut
When I sit down at my computer and open my e-mail, the last thing I want to see is filth in any form. Yesterday there were eight pornographic e-mails according to the subject line. Those words alone are embarrassing to me.
And they won't go away. I opened one a long time ago but that was only so I could forward it to a place I thought could help me to stop them. There is no stopping these filthy bastards.
I also figured that if I never opened any that they would stop coming to me. Not! They breed.
I am not a prude, but dadgummit they piss me off. I mean I can swear like a drunken sailor at times, but I do not want to be subjected to something I have no control over at any time!
So I ask how does one rid themselves of these dirty pests and filthy pigs?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know what you mean. Nothing makes me want to toss my cookies more than this nasty stuff. I work in the schools and I hate for children to be exposed to this crap.
I don't know if it is my anti-virus package (Norton) or my Internet Provider (Adelphia), or even my Windows firewall, but I don't get this junk in my email. I think it is Norton Anti-virus and I have it blocking all spam.
There are third party programs that will scan your email as it comes in and you can configure the settings so that this smut is blocked out. Net Nanny and Cyber Patrol are a couple of examples.
Good luck and happy surfing.
Thanks.....
I was hoping to not have to pay for another service so I googled spam and came up with Microsoft SpamFighter Wizard which is compatible to my software...the nice thing is, it's FREE. So I downloaded it and it is working.
Post a Comment