I am very opinionated and will argue a point to the nth degree. I tend to want to get to the bottom of things, so I push the envelope beyond what is expected.
Thursday, October 20, 2005
Slamming On The Brakes
After being off of work since June 1st, I have managed to gain 10 pounds. And I'm not too thrilled with that.
Two years ago, around this time, I started on the South Beach Diet. I fell in love with it. It was exactly the diet I had been searching for. Prior to that diet I had tried Atkins and lost 16 pounds but could never lose any more than that. Once I went on South Beach, I lost 25 pounds and was finally where I wanted to be. I felt good, my clothes were "bigger" (which absolutely thrilled me), and I was eating decently for a change.
And then my world went a little crazy. My father passed away in December 2004 and I found out about it when I saw his obituary four days later in the newspaper. He had been in a nursing home and they neglected to inform me of his death. I have two siblings who "thought" the home would tell me so neither one of them passed it on to me.
The following February my Mom died. And then on June 1st I was "separated" from my job after 13 years of loyal service. I then went through four months of turmoil. Being executrix of my parents' estate I had to tie up all the loose ends. The biggest loose end was selling the house and all its contents. I made it through all that as settlement occurred three weeks ago.
So I ask you...
Is it any wonder I gained those ten pounds? It's called emotional eating.
So I made a decision this morning to revisit South Beach. I love it there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment