Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Random Thoughts


Yesterday was a nice day weather-wise, except for the high winds. But beggars can't be choosy. And because it was a nice day we decided to do things we don't normally do on the weekend: gallivant.

We went back to the insurance company to find out why they couldn't find us when he went last week. I am the type of person that has to be shown the why of something; I don't always take people's words just because they say so. Show me and then I will believe. Well, after some investigation they did find all our policies. Tenacity and perseverence paid off once again.

My daughter and her boyfriend stopped by on Sunday. It was a good day for visiting. She and I went through things I have been finding as I clean out my spare room of "stuff" that got piled in there simply because we no longer needed it and I didn't have the heart to throw out. I hate when I am that way. I wish I could just look the other way, walk to the trash can and throw the damn stuff out. So because I didn't/couldn't do it then, I have the task of doing it now.

I received full size bottles of a leading hair shampoo and conditioner in the mail today. I belong to a survey group and every once in awhile they send things to me to do research on and then I get to answer questions about the product. Like how did it perform, did I like it etc. It's a fun thing to do and I never know what they will send me. This one will take four weeks till I finish it.

I had a pleasant surprise when I looked out the kitchen window this morning. Kally had her "brood" of four kittens with her. When we started having rain way back on Friday, she took them across the street, through the corn field, and somewhere she thought they would be safe. Like our huge barn/garage wouldn't work. They found a way in there and we don't mind as long as it is a safe haven for them. But Kally seemed to think her kids needed to explore. And eventually one of them got run over. There were originally five. So, I am so glad she has them back here. How long they will stay I don't know.

And that ends my random thoughts for today.

No comments: